Re: Final 3D printed case design

Diver Martin <diver.martin@...>

Ah, I see how he's putting it together too, looks like side panels, slick design too.  Kinda how I was thinking of doing it with laser cut acrylic as well, cut 6 panels and join with 3d printed edge connectors.

On Sat, Dec 23, 2017 at 10:25 AM, Joe Puma <kd2nfc@...> wrote:
There is a guy in the BitX40 ubitx Facebook group that has a similar printed design. His name is Jerry, he just posted posted. Wonder if he’s here too.

image1.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 23, 2017, at 1:18 PM, Diver Martin <diver.martin@...> wrote:

Had to iterate over a few revisions, but here we go. I'm gonna be lazy about it and not change the locations of the 3.5mm audio jacks, but I will likely get some different audio jacks as well because the ones provided don't fit through the 1/8" thick case.  The additional hardware that one would need for this case are 2" standoffs (M4 or 4-40), rubber feet, and a piece of plexiglass for the lid.

Major changes from 0.4 (this picture) to 0.5 (what will be my final print hopefully) is moving the power jack to the other side of the heatsink openings, schooching the BNC over a quarter inch, reducing the inner margin, and lowering the encoder height, and raising the overall build height to accomodate 2" standoffs that I have.

In PLA, this took about 12 hours to print on 2 IIIP printers (~6 hours per quarter section).

Time for my final print in ABS!

--
Martin Held - AE7EU
http://ae7eu.com/