Re: CW Key/Keyer/paddle idea

Goran VE6GPO

I built something similar to what Andy described here as 'proof of concept', has to hook it up to actual radio yet, picture attached.

Running Allard's 1.25 version, code changes were very minimal. Basically, comment out LiquidCrystal library, and include Adafruit's libraries. Hardware is the easy part, now I have to figure out how to utilize these 'cursor' switches below the LCD for menus etc. And with Adafruit libraries included it uses 25810 bytes, compared to 24440 for Allard's original 1.25. Not a big tax, I think.
/*#include <LiquidCrystal.h>
LiquidCrystal lcd(8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13);*/
#include <Adafruit_MCP23017.h>
#include <Adafruit_RGBLCDShield.h>
// init the lcd object
Adafruit_RGBLCDShield lcd = Adafruit_RGBLCDShield();
/* defines for RGB LCD background
 *  can be used to indicate different modes of operation
 *  eg. green for Rx, red for Tx, etc. */
#define OFF 0x0
#define RED 0x1
#define GREEN 0x2
#define YELLOW 0x3