Re: Help! I think I may have just ruined my 9 year old's Chanukah

David Lacey

Nail varnish  when dry is an insulator as is modelling dope and various other substances.
The new suggestion of a thin layer of epoxy will work equally well once the "shorted turns"
are separated.
Dave
G4JBE

On 22/12/2017 16:10, tausciam@... wrote:
What is the purpose of the nail varnish?

The reason I may have to rewrap....I'll have to take it out of the case to make sure, but it looks like there may be several strands wrapped on top of each other. On the first one I separated and I will do so on this one if I can