From: KD8CGH
Sent: Dec 16, 2017 11:19 PM
To: BITX20@groups.io
Subject: [BITX20] Recycled case for uBitx

Many years ago I talked my Junior High shop teacher into letting me build a Heathkit Tower (aka Benton Harbor Lunchbox) in place of his lame project. It was a nice little rog for the time. Over the decades the Tower and the popularity of 2 meter AM disappeared. Last year I picked up a dead Lunchbox to recycle into a new project.
I removed the chassis, thoroughly cleaned the case, replaced the speaker and installed the uBitx. I still need smaller washers for the panel mounts, to fit knobs and install indicator leds. I also plan to add an audio filter to use in CW mode.
       Bob