Re: ubitx - stop press

Michael Monteith

Jerry,
 The IRF510 is really a general purpose device.  I think initially it was chosen in a lot of projects when it came out due to it's low on-resistance.  However it's not really a "rf device".
This guy made a decent 50watt amp for the IRF510.
A Simple Cheap 50 Watt PA

  However this one uses true RF devices.  Which I think is a much better approach.  I haven't looked at the devices themselves closely to see if they could be substituted with the IRF510 or not directly.   I was simply looking for a rf device that could be used for a new design. I just happened to see this discussion and share what information I have so far.
G6LBQ - HF LINEAR AMPLIFIER

 So maybe someone can expand the research.

73, Michael
KM4OLT