Re: ubitx - stop press

REJIMON G <rejimontkm@...>

hi, what's the maximum practical voltage,Vdd that can apply to IRF510.. I tested up to 37V for continuous one
minute ....
Sent from my iPhone

On 11-Dec-2017, at 12:35 PM, Ashhar Farhan <farhanbox@...> wrote:

Jerry, you can crank up the 'volume' through the 100 ohms predriver preset.

- f

On Mon, Dec 11, 2017 at 12:27 PM, Jerry Gaffke via Groups.Io <jgaffke@...> wrote:
I'm wondering if we can bring 30mhz output power up to the same level as 7mhz
by borrowing the WA2EBY matching network at the front of the IRF510's.
Two watts of SSB is pretty hardcore.

On Sun, Dec 10, 2017 at 10:53 pm, Ashhar Farhan wrote:
One could push it that high, but not on the same PCB as the rest of the circuitry. I would say that 30 watts should be the tops. the RF ground loops on the board can make the entire TX chain wobbly. that said, i haven't tried anything of the sort. I'm curious to know what happens, i havent transmitted more than 25 watts for two decades.