Re: ubitx - stop press

Jerry Gaffke

OK, that's good to know.
Sounds like the uBitx can do better than 2W on 30mhz if you crank up the gain,
but best remember to crank it back down or you will distort when back on 7mhz.
And if that's too inconvenient, splurge on a couple RD15HVF1's  (keeping it down at 12v).
Jerry, KE7ER

On Sun, Dec 10, 2017 at 11:05 pm, Ashhar Farhan wrote:
Jerry, you can crank up the 'volume' through the 100 ohms predriver preset.

- f

. . .

On Mon, Dec 11, 2017 at 12:27 PM, Jerry Gaffke via Groups.Io <jgaffke@...> wrote:
I'm wondering if we can bring 30mhz output power up to the same level as 7mhz
by borrowing the WA2EBY matching network at the front of the IRF510's.
Two watts of SSB is pretty hardcore.