Re: W8TEE B40 real time clock connections #w8tee

Jack Purdum

The RTC was just an experiment and assumed an RTC module (e.g., eBay #142417376059). I would not recommend using interrupts to service the RTC since the tuning encoders uses interrupts and it could lead to blocking. It was never intended for use where granularity was needed.

Jack, W8TEE

From: Rob Cox (N4MN) <robert.m.cox@...>
To: BITX20@groups.io
Sent: Sunday, December 10, 2017 7:01 PM
Subject: Re: [BITX20] W8TEE B40 real time clock connections #w8tee

Thanks for that Michael, do you know if the QRP Labs DDS is AD8950 - or are they using the Si5351? According to some, the issue is with the AD8950 and its handling of data on the bus. I'll take a look.
I think the RTC in the W8TEE B40 was simply to display the time (hh:mm:ss) on the screen. I don't think it was used for any frequency accuracy or anything like that.

73,
-Rob (N4MN)

On Sun, Dec 10, 2017 at 02:53 pm, Michael Monteith wrote:
Take a look at the QRP Labs QLG1 kit.