 vu3zmv

regards
Sarma

On Mon, Nov 6, 2017 at 1:42 PM, Michael Hagen <motdog@...> wrote:

Using 680 ohms will really make the LED bright.  I = (12V - 3.3V ) / 680.  Most work real nice on just a few ma.  2.2K should give nearly 5 ma.  What folks are saying is an LED is not "operated" or "biased" with voltage.  You put a current thru them, and the voltage is just a result.  You get what you get!

The current limit resistor is picked for how bight you desire it to be.   The 3.3V spec will be the approximate voltage drop at a given current.

If you were running on a battery, you might try only 1 or 2 ma.

Just a thought, most take 20 ma. OK.  For an experiment, try 10K and then 1K?

Mike, WA6ISP

On 11/5/2017 9:52 PM, Prathap Naidu wrote:

You can use a dual color LED with 3 leads, centre is common gnd.

I have used a standard 3mm LED , you can also use 5 mm if you need, but the 3 mm is quite Ok

The 680 ohms is the dropping and current limit resistor, I have tapped the 2 wires from the K1 relay which alternates the +12V between Rx and Tx

73 Pop

VU2POP