Re: Pop mute

John, AD0RW proposed exactly that (grounding PIN 3) back on April 30 with his “Simple Audio Muting Circuit”  (message # 25870) that grounds PIN 3 of the LM386, triggered by PTT and holds it after PTT release
using a 0.1 uF Cap and a 430K resistor.  This is what I am currently using and it works quite well except I do need to tweak the resistance so that the mute holds a little longer
as I am still getting a bit of POP on the TX -> RX transition.

Michael VE3WMB

>From:
Dexter N Muir