Re: Bitex40 power output.

Soundararajan Ra.

On Thu, Aug 17, 2017 at 11:29 AM, Soundararajan Ra. <vu2rjw@...> wrote:
Dear om.Farhan
I got one bitx40 nearly a years back and output power decreased day by day .
Three times replaced Q13,14 and 15 but no result
Finally found that  the R141  resistor value going on increasing and  found 123ohms as on today.
 connected a lead type 10E  CF resistor  across R141 and getting good power output.
With 13.4 volt DC input my Diamond SX 200 showing the reading 12 watt maximum forward power in 20 w range.
I had lot of discussion with Raj in this process.

Thank you Raj.
DE
Soundar
VU2RJW

On Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 11:47 AM, Soundararajan Ra. <vu2rjw@...> wrote:

Thanks for the reply .
RV1 is in maximum position ,but current is not raising above 70 ma gate source voltage is 5 volt.
Soundar.

On Oct 28, 2016 11:24 AM, "Ashhar Farhan farhanbox@... [BITX20]" <BITX20@...> wrote:

on tx, when you are not speaking into the mic, the current.draw of the PA power line should be about 100ma. adjust RV1 for that much current.
- f

On 28-Oct-2016 10:55 am, "'Soundararajan Ra.' vu2rjw@... [BITX20]" <BITX20@...> wrote:

Dear
In my bitx40 during testing upto three qso power output about 7 watt .Then suddenly no output ,when i measure drain current of IRF 510 on mic disconnect conditions it was 90ma and with speaking current about 110 ma.
I thought IRF may qrt .
I changed new irf 510 (ST make) adjusted rvi1preset in mic out condion drain current was 70 ma at maximum rvi1 position and when i speak current s only 120 ma .my sx200 swr/power meter at 20w range reading is 3to4watt.
is it correct or what is to be done to raise the power.
Your suggestions welcome.
Thanks in advance.
73s
Soundar