Re: Being a newbie and getting ready to build...

What I strongly recommend for someone planning to build up a Bitx40 with mods is to
initially wire it according to the “stock” wiring configuration on the HFSIGS website.

This will give you a baseline to build on. If it doesn’t work at this point then there is no sense adding additional
mods as it will only complicate the debugging process.
I used a large plastic cutting board as sort of a bread-board to do the initial wire-up for my rig and to prevent
accidental shorts.

Another important thing is that when you make mods (even just shortening wires) don’t make more than one
change without testing the rig out. If you make 10 mods before re-testing the rig and it doesn’t
work then you have a lot of potential sources for the problem.

This is a very simple, common-sense approach but it will keep you out of a lot of trouble.

Cheers

Michael VE3WMB / VA2NB