Re: BITX QSO Night, Sunday, August 6, 7pm Local Time, 7277 kHz in North America, 7177 kHz elsewhere

I was only able to get on the air for about a half hour tonight. QSB was pretty bad, but I did manage to make my first three BITX40 to BITX40 SSB QSOs with :

KC8WBK - Paul
KO8S - Karl
VE3THR - Tom

FWIW,  I am running a BITX40 @5w with all of the PE1NWL suggested mods & firmware into a double-sized G5RV (i.e. 204 ft doublet) at 50 feet.
I am using a Koss CS-100 computer headset and I am really enjoying the SOTABeams DSP filter module that I just integrated into the rig
(2.4 Khz SSB & 300 Hz CW).

Cheers

Michael VA2NB / VE3WMB  (Note: I use my VA2 call from my cottage located about 30 mi NW of Ottawa in the Gatineau Hills of QC)