Re: I7SWX PTT Pop Mute

Joe

I also installed the LM386 PIN 7 mod and found it works very well,  the best noise  reduction so far.
I still found the TX exit noise a bit louder ,so I added a relay to open the speaker, this further reduced the noise when exiting Tx.

Joe
VE1BWV

On Sun, Jul 30, 2017 at 11:22 AM, KC8WBK via Groups.Io <cruisenewsnet@...> wrote:
I checked my work and found a wrong connection on my part.  I fixed the connection and the circuit now works as described, reducing the PTT pop and noise on initial transmit.   I did not experience an issue with transmit, it seems to be working normally.  There is a slight click when entering TX and a slightly louder pop when exiting TX, but neither are as loud as the PTT pop before adding this modification. The audio is silent during transmission.

Sorry about the false alarm in #30619. This modification is a worthwhile addition to any BITX40.

https://groups.io/g/BITX20/attachment/21876/0/BITX-40%20PTT%20CLICKS.png