Re: I7SWX PTT Pop Mute

Jerry Gaffke

Joe,

Please tell us a bit more about what you figured out.

Does this cure the pop in the headphones when you press PTT?
What I would call "tx noise" is the brief outgoing carrier, which is a totally different issue.
If this fix addresses the outgoing carrier issue, please show us where to find the fix.

What other circuits did you try?
In what way did this solution work better?
What is the relay mod?

A full description of what you did would be helpful to many here.

Jerry

On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 11:32 am, Joe wrote:
I also tried your circuit for the tx noise.
It works very well.
I have tried several but this had the best results.
I use it in conjunction with a relay mod.