Re: Starting Over

Jack Purdum <econjack@...>

Some have mentioned that they are substituting different displays for the Raduino board. Perhaps people like Curt who need a new Raduino can buy the ones from those who don't need them...win-win.

Jack, W8TEE

From: Curt M. <Kc3hjp@...>
To: BITX20@groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2017 11:15 AM
Subject: Re: [BITX20] Starting Over

Hi Arv, I'll back up a little.  While troubleshooting my original Bitx transmit issue I switched from a 12vdc 1.5 amp wall wort supply to my Samlex 13.8v power supply.  Within 30 seconds I noticed that the top row of the display went to all black boxes.  The only thing I was doing was adjusting RV1 and RV136.  Being that the display is controlled by the arduino I powered the radio down and connected the USB cable to the arduino to see if maybe it lost it's programming.  The arduino would no longer communicate.  I ordered some replacement nanos and I unsoldered the original nano and installed a new nano.  The new nano would take the programming and I can now hear audio on the radio and tell that by tuning the VFO that it was partially working but the display still had black boxes on it.  I tired to see if now it was a contrast problem but it's not.  So I have a felling the board that the nano is soldered to took the same hit that the original nano took and that's why the display still doesn't work as it should.  Being that I had ordered a new kit I didn't feel that it was worth also ordering a new radrino board at this time because I still had a main board that has some issues and had a whole new kit coming in.  So that's where I'm at with the original kit.

Curt