Re: BITX QSO Night, Sunday, July 16, 7pm Local Time, 7277 kHz in North America, 7177 kHz elsewhere

Larry Smith

I only worked one station W1LY 59 (1955 DST) as always in there.  QSB bad news for my signal 33.  I could hear W1LY working stations I couldn't hear.

A long time friend/ham sent this to me:

class G2 geomagnetic storm going on and all the bands are pretty much 'toast'.

I agree 40 was really not in there for me last night. gave up at 2025 with W1LY still in there!
73
Larry
WA9DOH

On Thu, Jul 6, 2017 at 9:26 AM, KC8WBK via Groups.Io <cruisenewsnet@...> wrote:
BITX QSO Night, Sunday, July 16, 7pm Local Time, 7277 kHz in North America, 7177 kHz elsewhere

Join us as we make contacts from BITX40 to BITX40 on 7.277 MHz in 40 meters!

To participate, call CQ BITX at 7pm sharp, your local time, on Sunday. Call off and on for about 15 minutes. It is helpful if you call CQ BITX with your name and location.  Repeat your call a number of times if conditions are weak.

This is a worldwide event at 7pm in each time zone.  You may participate in any time zone, regardless of your location, so you may wish to call in at 6pm, 7pm and 8pm, your local time, to contact hams in adjacent time zones.

The backup frequency in case of QSB or other noise is 7210 kHz.

Report your QSO's, discuss propagation, noise, signal reports, audio reports, antenna type, etc. in this thread.

This is an undirected, scheduled event.  The BITX QSO Night relies on you to call CQ BITX to initiate contacts with other stations, so warm up that final and transmit a few calls at 7pm on Sunday.  Talk to you then!