Re: Raduino / LCD display

Dexter N Muir

On Sun, Jul 16, 2017 at 05:18 pm, Jerry Gaffke wrote:
The jury in jury-rigged doesn't involve a panel of one's peers, ...
I still prefer my nautical derivation: a jury in those days was likely not of one's peers but of Peers - nobles, or at least superiors, with notions of the requirements of 'rigging' a ship totally absent or out-of-date respectively.
Jerry-rigged from 1959? 'Jerry' at that time was likely the derogatory term for German, Allies having won WWII (likely also WWI, but not becoming colloquial until post WWII).