Re: On the subject of fake IRF510

Ken Hansen

No, see comment below

On Jul 15, 2017, at 11:10 AM, Arv Evans <arvid.evans@...> wrote:

In the discussion on Hackaday they talk about obtaining the counterfeits from
reputable dealers like Digikey and Mouser.  This is interesting because other
similar discussions claim that we should be purchasing from Digikey and
Mouser to avoid counterfeit components from Chinese Ebay vendors.

The individual bought the parts on eBay, he didn't want to pay Mouser or Digikey shipping prices for such an inexpensive part:

"Instead, [Ryan] found a supplier for five of these MOSFETs for $6 shipped. This was a good deal and a bad move because those new parts were fakes. Now we have an opportunity to play spot the fake MOSFET"

The fakes were 5 for $6 shipped.

Ken, N2VIP