Re: Still Not Working

Simon Thompson <simonthompson67@...>

I think it is shocking that you would imply you have been defrauded by Farhan. I don’t know what to say, or what Farhan can do about it. I have had nothing but help from this forum, even when I made mistakes and had to rely on members to help me repair the damage I had caused. I have never had any doubt the design works, but it is not an Icom or a Yaesu product. It is a radio for people who like to tinker. I am sorry you cannot determine the nature of the problem with your radio, but to claim that you are the victim of a criminal offence at the hands of Farhan is really shocking. I am disgusted.

On Jul 12, 2017, at 4:36 PM, Kc3hjp@... wrote:

Hi guys, those of you that saw my posts earlier in the week know that I have not been able to transmit with my Bitx40. It was sort of determined after going back and forth with a few of you that the final was blown in my radio. From the moment that I turned on the radio I've had a dummy load on it so I was really going to be surprised if the final was blown but it was worth a try for all the more the replacement IRF510's cost.

Well I'll I unsoldered the original final and installed a new one that I bought from Digikey and it still doesn't work. Power on with no speaker attached it pulls 150mA. With the mic keyed it pulls 267mA. The blue trim pot has no impact on receiving or transmitting current. It's rock solid at the values listed above. I don't see any imperfections on the board and I hear the relays pulling in when I key up. I have power connected to the PA connection.

As much as I want this to work I really feel like giving up and that I've been had by Mr Farhan. I know that may be a cardinal sin for saying that on here but it seems like I have no recourse other than to turn him into PayPal at this point in time. I'll admit I'm an Electronics Technician although a little rusty after being away from component level troubleshooting for the last 25 years. I don't think it's been too much to ask that as long as I didn't make any wiring mistakes that this should at least receive and transmit after doing the wiring. Any help would be greatly appreciated.