Re: Analog Alley: pos temp coefficient trimmer cap

Jerry!

Wrong thread right thoughts!

How about digitally feeding an analog VFO with voltage and correcting like PLL.I haven't succumbed to temptations of the Radiuno as yet!
Don't get me started as my Sencond language was C .

I wonder if anyone of you used my program called PAX written in assembly MASM - 12Kb with 10K lines of code!

Raj

At 27-06-2017, you wrote:
Darn,
Wrong thread.
Wrong Jerry.
Jerry

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 07:35 am, Jerry Gaffke wrote:
Raj,

Nothing.  As usual, just thinking about it.  Then I'll get bored and move on to something else.   Though at some point I'd like to try an encoder with tactile feedback, use shuttle tuning as described by Don Cantrell.  Not yet sure if I'll like using it, but I do like the thought of going from 1hz to 10mhz step size without having to do all that spinning.
Or maybe I'll take that old WWII surplus Arc5 tuning cap with the very nice gear drive, have the Nano read capacitance somehow.  Kind of heavy, should give the rig a certain gravitas.

Jerry
. . .

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 04:42 am, Raj vu2zap wrote:
What are you using for your tuning. I am using a Bournes 100K 10T and that is stable. Higher value will give a smoother tuning.