Re: Shielding plastic cases

Kevin,

I was referring to my rig service days, I remember having problems with FT747.

This type of tape comes in various widths.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/30mm-X-2M-Guitar-Pickup-COPPER-Foil-EMI-Shielding-Tape-/151314127378?hash=item233b065a12:g:lWIAAOSwt5hYYyzk

Tape lines side by side and solder the strips together. IMHO No need to solder the whole strip but a spot
of solder to keep them electrically connected.
Solder a wire from ground to the tape.

Considering Bitx40 which has the PCB bottom side almost a ground plane, the case shielding may not
make much difference. I have not shielded mine.

Raj

At 18/06/2017, you wrote:
Hi Raj,

Can you send me photo of how you taped your case? I just received a nice plastic case and before I go drilling and cutting I would like some information about where to run the copper tape. Also what connections need to be made. The case does have a screw on plastic top, so I am guessing I need to place some tape there as well??

Any ideas you may have would be Appreciated!
73.
Kevin NZ1I