Re: W8TEE VFO Board

JuanCarlos

Hi Jack
It is simple, you can never try to think for other, it is impossible and more complicate you can imagine.
Share all the information included the PCB file and let them use the best way to do it.
The profit never will pay your knowledge and altruism, if someone wants to get your board OK, it is a one way to get it, but if they have other way to do it, "maybe the only possible", to do it, good for them too.
Qrv's
73's Jc

“If you have a penny and I have a penny and we exchange pennies, you still have one cent and I still have one cent.  But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange ideas, you now have two ideas and I now have two ideas.”

Mr. Juan Carlos Berberena Gonzalez, BSc.
WJ6C exCO6BG

On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 9:00 AM, Jack Purdum via Groups.Io <econjack@...> wrote:
So...how do I make it less expensive to reach all of you hackers who live in other countries to the benefit of all of us? Ideas?

Jack, W8TEE

Greetings Dr. Purdum,
Is your VFO Board released as Open Source Hardware? If so, then the more technically adept can etch their own boards, and those that prefer not to etch their own boards can have them fabricated by their favorite (local?) circuit board fabricator. This would also allow people to modify the design, and share their modifications with others. Or, groups of like-minded individuals in other countries can get a fab-shop order together, to reduce fab costs, as well as shipping costs. Of course, not everyone feels the same way about Open Source Hardware and Software. It is your board. I just feel that Open Source is the way to go. Yet, people who would prefer to order directly from you can still do so, if they don't mind paying the extra shipping and handling.
Regards
Ken, KM4NFQ