Re: Antenna selection

Allard PE1NWL

On Wed, April 12, 2017 15:38, KC3EJC-Shawn wrote:
Which loop are you using Allard?
I'm using a homebrew hex shaped loop, made of 15mm copper pipe.
I used 6 pipes, each 1m long, and soldered them together in a hex shape.
So it´s amost a circle with 1.2m diameter.
On the top side I installed a motor-driven 0-350 pF variable capacitor.
It tunes to 1:1 SWR. But, as usual with magloop antenna's, the bandwidth
is only 15kHZ or so. So you need to re-tune the antenna very often,
therefore a motor-driven tuning cap is recommended.

There's a lot of information about magloops on the net, for example this one:
https://amrron.com/2015/07/24/home-made-high-power-magnetic-loop-antennas/

But there are many many more sites with useful information and building tips.
Just google for "magnetic loop antenna".

73, Allard PE1NWL