Re: PCB uBitx -working on it-

Ashhar Farhan

Gang,
I received an email about the ubitx from wes. He points out that the image of first LO+IF will float from 90 to 120 mhz. This is bang inside thr FM broadcast band. It could lead to some spurs.
Is anyone scratch building this righway? Id like to get some real world testing done before we press the GO button for the rest.
- f

On 12 Mar 2017 6:59 a.m., "Rahul Srivastava via Groups.Io" <vu3wjm=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi!

You just snatched the words from my mouth, it will be great in true experimeter's spirit...

73

Rahul VU3WJM

On Sunday, 12 March 2017 6:40 AM, Ion Petroianu <ion.petroianu@...> wrote:

This is very nice for a final product but for experimenting wouldn't be better to have small blocks we can interconnect. From what I see we are working with 50 Ohms input and output impedance so short runs of RG 174 will provide links between modules.
Also when experimenting is more cost effective to use the special price for prototype boards (10 boards, 10X10 cm, for $10)
If the layout is squeezed you can get 2 or three layouts on one 10X10 cm board.
What do you think about the idea. Shall we start splitting the schematic in blocks?
--
Ion
VA3NOI