Re: Possible PA low output problem.

Ion Petroianu, VA3NOI

John,

For sure it is something wrong with your measurement tools.

You cannot put out 24W when your input power is less than 20W.

I suspect your multimeter is not measuring DC current very well. Try the indirect measurement method, using a small resistor in series with the power line and measure the voltage across it. 1 Ohm 5W resistor  shall give you decent voltage reading.

I did not measure my current at higher voltage, but a decent estimate is at least 2A.

The PA is a linear amplifier working in AB class. The efficiency of it is 50% at best.

Best regards,

--
Ion

VA3NOI