Re: Huff-Puff Stabilizer

Arv Evans <arvevans@...>

Troy

forum group, you will find lots of archival information regarding Huff &
Puff VFOs, and references to Hans G0UPL's web site where he has
collected most of the available info on H&P stabilizers from magazine
articles and other web based info.

In addition to some theory discussions, there are reference designs
there for 1-chip, 2-chip, and FAST Huff & Puff designs.

Arv K7HKL
_._

On Tue, 2005-09-20 at 08:12, kc8afu1965 wrote:
Hello,

I have been monitoring this group on and off for about a year. I am
looking for some suggestions on a huff-puff stabilizer that I can use
for a Homebrew CW transceiver. My VFO is a FET LC oscillator that
runs
at 2.6 - 2.7 MHz (approximately). I am looking for something that
will work automatically ( I understand that there are designs in
which
you need to tell the correction to go higher or lower in freq). Also
am hoping for something that will work with RIT. Oh, by the way I
really don't understand how they work. They Look a lot like a PLL to
me, But I don't understand the Difference. I don't fully understand
PLLs either.

Any ideas.

Troy

Service.