From: Arv Evans <arvid.evans@...>
Subject: Re: [BITX20] Help needed in completing a classic 8digit LED counter kit
To: BITX20@...
Date: Sunday, October 9, 2011, 11:14 PM

Pat

You might be ahead to go with a more modern PIC chip and simpler circuitry.

<http://www.qsl.net/dl4yhf/freq_counter/freq_counter.html>

This URL provides you with a lot of information on programming and on

variants

of the design. That site also provides links to HEX files for loading

into your own

PIC 16F628.

Arv K7HKL

_._

On 10/09/2011 09:06 AM, hmpph wrote:

Hi all,
My dual 7217 with 7017 and a 6.5Mhz crystal osc 8 digit counter 3.5
Mhz common anode LED kit blew up with one of the 7217s in smoke. The
LEDs did not light up and am hoping to replace the circuitry with a
PIC16F84+4051 combination from here:-
http://www.qsl.net/y/yo5ofh//pic/digiscale.htm
Could a kind soul help me with hexing the source code from C please
for my common anode display please. PIC is 16F84A
73ees,
Pat