Re: Altoids tin?

Rahul Srivastava

Hi!

If Altoid tins  are small how about a single chocolate box like this :

or

or similar.

I have no problems as long as they are full I will gladly manage a BITX there. You can even order them online for me Hi! Hi!

73

Rahul VU3WJM

Arv Evans K7HKL wrote:
Jim N6OTQ

You might want to be thinking about 4 to 6 of the larger Altoids tins.
However, this is not a bad idea because that way each section could be
adequately sheilded.

Altoids tin housed equipment usually means simple DC receivers and CW only
transmitters.  The BITX is much more than that.  It is a full
superheterodyne SSB design with ladder crystal filter, and a fairly hefty
RF PA.  It can be made quite compact by building it in modules, but I'm
afraid it will still take several Altoids tins to house it.

That doesn't mean that you cannot try though.  Good luck, and please let
the group know your results.

73's

Arv K7HKL

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 09:40:15 -0600, Jim Strohm wrote:

> Has anybody been able to fit a BITX into an Altoids tin yet? If so,
> I'd like to ask a few questions about it, either on- or off-list.
>
> Among my QRP friends, our rule of thumb is that if the loose parts
> fit in an Altoids, the completed circuit will fit. And my parts kit
> fits.
>
> Thanx
>
> Jim N6OTQ
>

> YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS