Re: manhattan style pads

Hans Summers <Hans.Summers@...>

> I agree with Hans -- I have really seen no difference between
> construction on a ground plane when using pads and building
> without them, other than building without is faster.
> There is rarely a need to go as high as 10M with the
> resistors if you don't have them around.   Something
> much smaller values will work just as well.

Yes, true - I found that Rapid Electronics sell a very useful resistor variety pack containing 1000 resistors in 63 values from 4.7ohms to 10M. The number of each varies from 5 to 30 depending how common they think they are. E.g. they have 30x 10K, 100K etc, and only 5x 830K. Price is £9.75. I just *KNOW* I probably won't want the 10M and they've put 20 of them in. Thought I'd start at the top and work my way down through 6M8, etc.

72/3 de Hans G0UPL
http://www.HansSummers.com