question about performance of bidirectional amplifier

eternalesquire <eternalsquire@...>

All,

Thanks for the info re crystals, it will come in handy when I am ready.

Next question: I have now finished building the first bidirectional
amplifier after the preselector. I injected a 3 mV signal at 3579 khZ
in each direction, and got out a 12mV phase-inverted copy of the same
signal when power in the correct direction was applied.

The fidelity is good, but the gain is only a factor of 4. Is this the
expected performance? I am using all parts as specified, for
transistor I am using PN2222.

Thanks,

The Eternal Squire