Re: BG-12/16 Laser Cutout

derry

Yes, probably a bit ambitious... 😊.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Paul Jorgenson KE7HR
Sent: Thursday, 7 May 2020 1:25 PM
To: BGsailplanes@groups.io
Subject: Re: [BGsailplanes] BG-12/16 Laser Cutout

The larger size is nearly 1:24th at 22" wingspan (560 mm).

A full skeletal version would be an enormous amount of work to get the drawings to fit correctly.  Just to convert the 3-view to a file that I could cut took several hours of fiddling.  Some young engineering student could take on converting the plans (or what passes for what is left after all of these years - brittle and faded) to a CAD system where CNC parts could be churned out.  Then take the fruits of all of that work and scale it down for the laser.  I could never invest the time and energy to get any money from such a project, myself.

--
Paul Jorgenson KE7HR
--

On May 6, 2020 at 2:36 PM derry <dbelcher07@...> wrote:

Hi Paul,

Good to see you are keeping the spirit of Gus Briegleb alive with your laser-cut BG12-16s. 😊

Pity you don’t have a full set of plans to copy print at maybe 1:24th scale (approx. 25 inch span) as you could produce a full skeletal version for desktop display. This would be impressive!  (I’d put my name down for one!)

I was given a futuristic stylised trimaran kit at Christmas from my son-in law in Denmark and have to say it was quite therapeutic to put together.

Derry

Sent from Mail for Windows 10