Re: VK Rally Flight - Waipukurau.mp4 - Shared from Dropbox

Paul Jorgenson KE7HR

Nice Video, Derry.  It reminds me of my flights nearly 20 years ago in my 12/16.  When the vario went up it made me want to turn and center the lift!

I saw the discussion about the lighter parts.  Probably not needed for lightness, but the robustness of carbon fiber is good.  As I remember, my 12/16 had somewhere between 5 to 7 pounds (about 2.5 to 3.5 kilos) in the tail to get the balance to be good.

I tried to look up the school that I donated my glider to since there was a set of plans with it.  There is no listing for them under the name that was used at the time and the email address is not valid.  It has been over 12 years...

--
Paul Jorgenson KE7HR
--

On April 19, 2020 at 3:19 AM derry <dbelcher07@...> wrote:

Here is a link to a video I took flying my BG12-16 at Waipukurau in Feb 2020.  No music overlay, just the sound of the wind in flight - any swearing should have been edited out :). If you'd like music to go with the video, just turn the sound off and put on your favorite CD...

Derry

Join BGsailplanes@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.