Swiss Rail book site?

keithwwalker

I seem to recall there was a really super German language website that dealt Swiss rail and bus literature.
I can not find it now.
Does anyone know of the site, or what happened to it if it is now defunct?

Thanks
Keith W

keithwwalker

Edited

NVM, found it after a day of searching!
An excellent site on Swiss rail literature:
http://www.bahn-bus-ch.de/bahnen/biblio.html

Andy

Ah, but it's 'horses for courses', Keith. What do you want the
website for: to browse specific subjects or to find sources of a
specific book?

Regards, Andy

I seem to recall there was a really super German language website
that dealt Swiss rail and bus literature.
I can not find it now.
Does anyone know of the site, or what happened to it if it is now
defunct?

Thanks
Keith W

keithwwalker

All of the above, Andy! Its the best Swiss rail book site I have seen & it has depth not just for my favorite RhB, but will let me research other railroads like MOB. It sure beats googling a rr & hoping books pop up in search results.

keithwwalker

The site is a taxonomy of books, only hyperlinks to publishers. It does not point to retail sources or endorse sales.

Guerbetaler

Am 09.08.2018 um 17:26 schrieb keithwwalker via Groups.Io:
Its the best Swiss rail book site I have seen & it has depth not just
for my favorite RhB, but will let me research other railroads like
MOB. It sure beats googling a rr & hoping books pop up in search
results.
It's true that he lists a good number of the best books about Swiss railways and public transport. And there is also a good number of other publications. So, finding a book in this list is not a sign of quality, it's only a sign of existence. ;-)

And I should add, that most books have some sort of quality, but not all the same. So if you want to learn more about a title, don't hesitate to ask here.

Markus, Gürbetal

Andy

Yes, I had a look, Keith; so well done for a) remembering it and b)
for advising us of it.

FYI, when it comes to finding copies of rare and/or out-of-print
books, I found ABE books well worth registering with. They
(eventually) found me my copy of the long-out-of-print "Alpenmen &
Maiensässe" and at a fair price, considering some of the prices I
found it offered for...

Anybody else still modelling the RhB out there???

Regards, Andy McMillan