Topics

[**WARNING** EXTERNAL MAIL] Re: [BC-ARES] UHF Repeater Upgrade Motion

Mark Austin - KN4KTZ

Agree.

From: BC-ARES@groups.io <BC-ARES@groups.io> On Behalf Of David Burnham - AK4EM via groups.io
Sent: Friday, May 22, 2020 5:20 PM
To: BC-ARES@groups.io
Cc: Buzz Kutcher - K3GWK <backacre348@...>; Stachowiak KW4AQ Elaine <kw4aq@...>; Nancy Phillips <k4nep@...>; Darlene Ragon (KK4BKF) <lragon@...>; John Lipscomb <john.lipscomb@...>
Subject: [**WARNING** EXTERNAL MAIL] Re: [BC-ARES] UHF Repeater Upgrade Motion

I vote yes

On Fri, May 22, 2020, 5:12 PM Dan Darsey - W4DED via groups.io <dandarsey=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

I second the motion!

Dan W4DED

On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 5:03 PM, Buzz Kutcher - K3GWK

<backacre348@...> wrote:

Members of the Amateur Radio Club of Butts County:

As many of you are aware the WX4BCA repeater is currently off the air.  The issue is with the obsolete Northwest Digital DStar interface.  Much research on an upgrade has been done.  The Technical Committee feels this is the best solution.  The proposed upgrade would not only provide continued access to DStar, it would also provide access to the DMR and Yaesu System Fusion digital modes.   The UHF repeater would need to be sent back to Bridgecom for the installation and setup of the MMDVM (Multi-Mode Digital Voice Modem) card.   I would like to make the following motion:  

I move that the Amateur Radio Club of Butts County purchase and have installed on our Bridgecom UHF Repeater an MMDVM digital interface.  The estimated cost of the proposal is $550.00 (Package and ship the repeater to Bridgecom $110.00 (ESTIMATED); MMDVM Interface purchase and installation $410.00; Return shipping from Bridgecom $30.00).- Buzz Kutcher, K3GWK

Having DStar available on the UHF repeater has proved an important communications tool for the hospital ham station and the Butts County Department of Public Health ham station.  This upgrade will also open new modes to hams in the Greater Butts County EMCOM community.  The repeater has been removed from Sylvan Grove Hospital and passed along to Technical Committee Chairman Mike Crowe (AJ4GU).

Buzz Kutcher, K3GWK

This email and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential and /or proprietary information in the possession of WellStar Health System, Inc. ("WellStar") and is intended only for the individual or entity to whom addressed. This email may contain information that is held to be privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any unauthorized access, dissemination, distribution or copying of any information from this email is strictly prohibited, and may subject you to criminal and/or civil liability. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by reply email and then delete this email and its attachments from your computer. - Thank you.

Nancy Phillips - K4NEP

Thank you, Mark!
N

On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 5:21 PM, Mark Austin - KN4KTZ
<Mark.Austin@...> wrote:

Agree.

From: BC-ARES@groups.io <BC-ARES@groups.io> On Behalf Of David Burnham - AK4EM via groups.io
Sent: Friday, May 22, 2020 5:20 PM
To: BC-ARES@groups.io
Cc: Buzz Kutcher - K3GWK <backacre348@...>; Stachowiak KW4AQ Elaine <kw4aq@...>; Nancy Phillips <k4nep@...>; Darlene Ragon (KK4BKF) <lragon@...>; John Lipscomb <john.lipscomb@...>
Subject: [**WARNING** EXTERNAL MAIL] Re: [BC-ARES] UHF Repeater Upgrade Motion

I vote yes

On Fri, May 22, 2020, 5:12 PM Dan Darsey - W4DED via groups.io <dandarsey=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

I second the motion!

Dan W4DED

On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 5:03 PM, Buzz Kutcher - K3GWK

<backacre348@...> wrote:

Members of the Amateur Radio Club of Butts County:

As many of you are aware the WX4BCA repeater is currently off the air.  The issue is with the obsolete Northwest Digital DStar interface.  Much research on an upgrade has been done.  The Technical Committee feels this is the best solution.  The proposed upgrade would not only provide continued access to DStar, it would also provide access to the DMR and Yaesu System Fusion digital modes.   The UHF repeater would need to be sent back to Bridgecom for the installation and setup of the MMDVM (Multi-Mode Digital Voice Modem) card.   I would like to make the following motion:  

I move that the Amateur Radio Club of Butts County purchase and have installed on our Bridgecom UHF Repeater an MMDVM digital interface.  The estimated cost of the proposal is $550.00 (Package and ship the repeater to Bridgecom $110.00 (ESTIMATED); MMDVM Interface purchase and installation $410.00; Return shipping from Bridgecom $30.00).- Buzz Kutcher, K3GWK

Having DStar available on the UHF repeater has proved an important communications tool for the hospital ham station and the Butts County Department of Public Health ham station.  This upgrade will also open new modes to hams in the Greater Butts County EMCOM community.  The repeater has been removed from Sylvan Grove Hospital and passed along to Technical Committee Chairman Mike Crowe (AJ4GU).

Buzz Kutcher, K3GWK

This email and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential and /or proprietary information in the possession of WellStar Health System, Inc. ("WellStar") and is intended only for the individual or entity to whom addressed. This email may contain information that is held to be privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any unauthorized access, dissemination, distribution or copying of any information from this email is strictly prohibited, and may subject you to criminal and/or civil liability. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by reply email and then delete this email and its attachments from your computer. - Thank you.