Topics

UHF Repeater Upgrade Motion

Buzz Kutcher - K3GWK

Members of the Amateur Radio Club of Butts County:

As many of you are aware the WX4BCA repeater is currently off the air.  The issue is with the obsolete Northwest Digital DStar interface.  Much research on an upgrade has been done.  The Technical Committee feels this is the best solution.  The proposed upgrade would not only provide continued access to DStar, it would also provide access to the DMR and Yaesu System Fusion digital modes.   The UHF repeater would need to be sent back to Bridgecom for the installation and setup of the MMDVM (Multi-Mode Digital Voice Modem) card.   I would like to make the following motion:  

I move that the Amateur Radio Club of Butts County purchase and have installed on our Bridgecom UHF Repeater an MMDVM digital interface.  The estimated cost of the proposal is $550.00 (Package and ship the repeater to Bridgecom $110.00 (ESTIMATED); MMDVM Interface purchase and installation $410.00; Return shipping from Bridgecom $30.00).- Buzz Kutcher, K3GWK

Having DStar available on the UHF repeater has proved an important communications tool for the hospital ham station and the Butts County Department of Public Health ham station.  This upgrade will also open new modes to hams in the Greater Butts County EMCOM community.  The repeater has been removed from Sylvan Grove Hospital and passed along to Technical Committee Chairman Mike Crowe (AJ4GU).

Buzz Kutcher, K3GWK

Dan Darsey - W4DED

I second the motion!
Dan W4DED

On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 5:03 PM, Buzz Kutcher - K3GWK
<backacre348@...> wrote:

As many of you are aware the WX4BCA repeater is currently off the air.  The issue is with the obsolete Northwest Digital DStar interface.  Much research on an upgrade has been done.  The Technical Committee feels this is the best solution.  The proposed upgrade would not only provide continued access to DStar, it would also provide access to the DMR and Yaesu System Fusion digital modes.   The UHF repeater would need to be sent back to Bridgecom for the installation and setup of the MMDVM (Multi-Mode Digital Voice Modem) card.   I would like to make the following motion:  

I move that the Amateur Radio Club of Butts County purchase and have installed on our Bridgecom UHF Repeater an MMDVM digital interface.  The estimated cost of the proposal is $550.00 (Package and ship the repeater to Bridgecom $110.00 (ESTIMATED); MMDVM Interface purchase and installation $410.00; Return shipping from Bridgecom $30.00).- Buzz Kutcher, K3GWK

Having DStar available on the UHF repeater has proved an important communications tool for the hospital ham station and the Butts County Department of Public Health ham station.  This upgrade will also open new modes to hams in the Greater Butts County EMCOM community.  The repeater has been removed from Sylvan Grove Hospital and passed along to Technical Committee Chairman Mike Crowe (AJ4GU).

Buzz Kutcher, K3GWK

Mark Clark - NI2Y <mercer17@...>

I second the motion to proceed as described by K3GWK.
Mark/NI2Y

On May 22, 2020, at 5:12 PM, Dan Darsey - W4DED via groups.io <dandarsey@...> wrote:

I second the motion!
Dan W4DED

<backacre348@...> wrote:

Buzz Kutcher, K3GWK

--
Mark/NI2Y

Nancy Phillips - K4NEP

Thank you, Dan!  With this, we aee well on the way to a vote count needed to proceed. Everyone please continue in this string of emails.
Nancy

On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 5:11 PM, Dan Darsey
<dandarsey@...> wrote:
I second the motion!
Dan W4DED

<backacre348@...> wrote:

Buzz Kutcher, K3GWK

David Burnham - AK4EM

I vote yes

On Fri, May 22, 2020, 5:12 PM Dan Darsey - W4DED via groups.io <dandarsey=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I second the motion!
Dan W4DED

Buzz Kutcher, K3GWK

Nancy Phillips - K4NEP

Thank you, Mark.  David are counted in the board's votes.
N

On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 5:19 PM, David Burnham
<burnham1078@...> wrote:
I vote yes

On Fri, May 22, 2020, 5:12 PM Dan Darsey - W4DED via groups.io <dandarsey=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I second the motion!
Dan W4DED

Buzz Kutcher, K3GWK

Jeff Phillips - KN4FRG

To all,

I would agree and vote yes.

Jeff/KN4FRG

On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 4:21 PM Nancy Phillips - K4NEP via groups.io <topazmeadows=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
N

I vote yes

I second the motion!
Dan W4DED

Buzz Kutcher, K3GWK

--
Respectfully,

Jeff

Nancy Phillips - K4NEP

Thanks, Jeff. 
Ok, with the Board's votes, and Melvin (whom I spoke with earlier) and those who have voted just now, we now have a majority count and can proceed with purchases for repair parts. 

I'm sure Elaine sees this, but I'll text her to give the official go-ahead to Mike. 

Thanks, Everyone, for helping, so we can get back on-line.
Nancy

On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 5:33 PM, Jeff Phillips - KN4FRG
<forcefrog@...> wrote:
To all,

Jeff/KN4FRG

On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 4:21 PM Nancy Phillips - K4NEP via groups.io <topazmeadows=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
N

I vote yes

I second the motion!
Dan W4DED

Buzz Kutcher, K3GWK

--
Respectfully,

Jeff

Ken Wallis - KM4HOS

… are we there yet??

-----------------------------------------

To: "Group Io"
Cc: "Stachowiak KW4AQ Elaine", "Nancy Phillips", "Darlene Ragon (KK4BKF)", "John Lipscomb"
Sent: Friday May 22 2020 5:04:03PM
Subject: [BC-ARES] UHF Repeater Upgrade Motion

Buzz Kutcher, K3GWK

Nancy Phillips - K4NEP

Yes!  We have pooassed the necessary majority vote, but you will counted for a final tally. How doth ye vote?

On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 8:01 PM, Ken Wallis - KM4HOS
<kawallis@...> wrote:
… are we there yet??

-----------------------------------------

To: "Group Io"
Cc: "Stachowiak KW4AQ Elaine", "Nancy Phillips", "Darlene Ragon (KK4BKF)", "John Lipscomb"
Sent: Friday May 22 2020 5:04:03PM
Subject: [BC-ARES] UHF Repeater Upgrade Motion

Buzz Kutcher, K3GWK

Elaine Stachowiak - KW4AQ

Mike,
I believe it time to pack up the Bridgecom and get it on it's way to be upgraded and checked out. I'm guessing that we will have to include a check for the bill or however you would like to handle it. Thanks Mike.
Elaine

From: BC-ARES@groups.io <BC-ARES@groups.io> on behalf of Nancy Phillips - K4NEP via groups.io <topazmeadows@...>
Sent: Friday, May 22, 2020 5:38 PM
To: BC-ARES@groups.io <BC-ARES@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [BC-ARES] UHF Repeater Upgrade Motion

Thanks, Jeff. 
Ok, with the Board's votes, and Melvin (whom I spoke with earlier) and those who have voted just now, we now have a majority count and can proceed with purchases for repair parts. 

I'm sure Elaine sees this, but I'll text her to give the official go-ahead to Mike. 

Nancy

<forcefrog@...> wrote:
To all,

Jeff/KN4FRG

N

I vote yes

I second the motion!
Dan W4DED

Buzz Kutcher, K3GWK

--
Respectfully,

Jeff

Chris Southerland - KJ4PLJ

I also vote yes!!

Chris Southerland
KJ4PLJ

On Fri, May 22, 2020, 20:18 Elaine Stachowiak - KW4AQ <ubudogems@...> wrote:
Mike,
I believe it time to pack up the Bridgecom and get it on it's way to be upgraded and checked out. I'm guessing that we will have to include a check for the bill or however you would like to handle it. Thanks Mike.
Elaine

From: BC-ARES@groups.io <BC-ARES@groups.io> on behalf of Nancy Phillips - K4NEP via groups.io <topazmeadows=yahoo.com@groups.io>

Thanks, Jeff. 

Nancy

<forcefrog@...> wrote:
To all,

Jeff/KN4FRG

N

I vote yes

I second the motion!
Dan W4DED

Buzz Kutcher, K3GWK

--
Respectfully,

Jeff

Mark Baker - KM4NRP

I vote yes!

Mark, KM4NRP

On Fri, May 22, 2020, 8:40 PM Chris Southerland - KJ4PLJ <csoutherland77@...> wrote:
I also vote yes!!

Chris Southerland
KJ4PLJ

On Fri, May 22, 2020, 20:18 Elaine Stachowiak - KW4AQ <ubudogems@...> wrote:
Mike,
Elaine

From: BC-ARES@groups.io <BC-ARES@groups.io> on behalf of Nancy Phillips - K4NEP via groups.io <topazmeadows=yahoo.com@groups.io>

Thanks, Jeff. 

Nancy

<forcefrog@...> wrote:
To all,

Jeff/KN4FRG

N

I vote yes

I second the motion!
Dan W4DED

Buzz Kutcher, K3GWK

--
Respectfully,

Jeff

Mike Crowe - AJ4GU

Elaine,

I will get it sent off on Tuesday. BridgeCom has the modules in stock. They will charge my credit card before they ship it back.

Mike Crowe

From: BC-ARES@groups.io <BC-ARES@groups.io> On Behalf Of Elaine Stachowiak - KW4AQ
Sent: Friday, May 22, 2020 8:19 PM
To: BC-ARES@groups.io

Mike,

Elaine

From: BC-ARES@groups.io <BC-ARES@groups.io> on behalf of Nancy Phillips - K4NEP via groups.io <topazmeadows@...>

Thanks, Jeff. 

Nancy

<forcefrog@...> wrote:

To all,

Jeff/KN4FRG

N

I vote yes

I second the motion!

Dan W4DED

Buzz Kutcher, K3GWK

--

Respectfully,

Jeff

Mark Clark - NI2Y <mercer17@...>

Thank you

On May 23, 2020, at 7:43 AM, Mike Crowe - AJ4GU <aj4gu@...> wrote:

Elaine,

I will get it sent off on Tuesday. BridgeCom has the modules in stock. They will charge my credit card before they ship it back.

Mike Crowe

From: BC-ARES@groups.io <BC-ARES@groups.io> On Behalf Of Elaine Stachowiak - KW4AQ

Mike,

Elaine

Thanks, Jeff. 

Nancy

<forcefrog@...> wrote:

To all,

Jeff/KN4FRG

N

<burnham1078@...> wrote:

I vote yes

I second the motion!

Dan W4DED

<backacre348@...> wrote:

Buzz Kutcher, K3GWK

--

Respectfully,

Jeff

--
Mark/NI2Y

Buzz Kutcher - K3GWK

Thanks Mike.  The club has a credit card, ask John.
Buzz

On May 23, 2020, at 07:43, Mike Crowe - AJ4GU <aj4gu@...> wrote:

Elaine,

Mike Crowe

Mike,

Elaine

Thanks, Jeff. 

Nancy

<forcefrog@...> wrote:

To all,

Jeff/KN4FRG

N

I vote yes

I second the motion!

Dan W4DED

Buzz Kutcher, K3GWK

--

Respectfully,

Jeff

Hunter Barnell - N4PPY

I second. Fusion may be in my favor there. I’m real curious to see! 

On May 22, 2020, at 5:15 PM, Nancy Phillips - K4NEP via groups.io <topazmeadows@...> wrote:

Thank you, Dan!  With this, we aee well on the way to a vote count needed to proceed. Everyone please continue in this string of emails.
Nancy

<dandarsey@...> wrote:
I second the motion!
Dan W4DED

<backacre348@...> wrote:

Buzz Kutcher, K3GWK

Pete Acevedo - KM4VPY

I vote yes as well

Pete
KM4VPY

On May 24, 2020, at 10:02, Hunter Barnell - N4PPY via groups.io <hbarnell@...> wrote:

I second. Fusion may be in my favor there. I’m real curious to see! 

On May 22, 2020, at 5:15 PM, Nancy Phillips - K4NEP via groups.io <topazmeadows@...> wrote:

Nancy

<dandarsey@...> wrote:
I second the motion!
Dan W4DED

<backacre348@...> wrote:

Buzz Kutcher, K3GWK

Michelle Burnham - KM4PKD

I vote yes.

On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 5:03 PM Buzz Kutcher - K3GWK <backacre348@...> wrote:

Buzz Kutcher, K3GWK