Topics

Stone Mountain Hamfest - CANCELLED

Buzz Kutcher - K3GWK

The Alford Memorial Executive Committee & The Stone Mountain HamFest Committee

 has been following the COVID-19 pandemic. Unfortunately, at this date, the news is not good.

Over the last couple of months, we have worked with the Gwinnett County Fairground authorities, Gwinnett County Health Department, and our legal counsel. We have reached the following conclusion: There is no way we can maintain the six-foot “social distancing” separation, while ensuring proper masks are always being worn. This is especially true in the flea market, commercial buildings, forums, and VE examination rooms to guarantee everyone’s safety.

We regret to announce, based on these factors and concern for public safety, that the Stone Mountain HamFest and ARRL Georgia Section Convention is CANCELLED for this year. Refund information is being sent to those who have pre-paid for vendor booths and flea market tables.

We are looking forward to and already planning for 2021.  Our committee is engaged in making the next Stone Mountain HamFest and ARRL State convention bigger and better than ever.

Thank you for your loyalty, and continued support of the Stone Mountain HamFest. We are looking forward to welcoming you on November 6 and 7, 2021.

Sincerely,

Mike Smith, KK4KHS

Stone Mountain HamFest Chairman

Mark Clark - NI2Y <mercer17@...>

TOB

Thank you but so sad.

Marque

--
Mark/NI2Y

Buzz Kutcher - K3GWK

Should we be planning a trip to Chatanooga?

On Jul 7, 2020, at 08:32, Mark Clark - NI2Y <mercer17@...> wrote:

TOB

Thank you but so sad.

Marque

On Jul 7, 2020, at 08:06, Buzz Kutcher - K3GWK <backacre348@...> wrote:

The Alford Memorial Executive Committee & The Stone Mountain HamFest Committee
 has been following the COVID-19 pandemic. Unfortunately, at this date, the news is not good.

Over the last couple of months, we have worked with the Gwinnett County Fairground authorities, Gwinnett County Health Department, and our legal counsel. We have reached the following conclusion: There is no way we can maintain the six-foot “social distanci” separation, while ensuring proper masks are always being worn. This is especially true in the flea market, commercial buildings, forums, and VE examination rooms to guarantee everyone’s safety.

We regret to announce, based on these factors and concern for public safety, that the Stone Mountain HamFest and ARRL Georgia Section Convention is CANCELLED for this year. Refund information is being sent to those who have pre-paid for vendor booths and flea market tables.

We are looking forward to and already planning for 2021.  Our committee is engaged in making the next Stone Mountain HamFest and ARRL State convention bigger and better than ever.

Thank you for your loyalty, and continued support of the Stone Mountain HamFest. We are looking forward to welcoming you on November 6 and 7, 2021.

Sincerely,
Mike Smith, KK4KHS
Stone Mountain HamFest Chairman

--
Mark/NI2Y

Mark Clark - NI2Y <mercer17@...>

It was a blockbuster

We could go to the aquarium

On Jul 7, 2020, at 9:09 AM, Buzz Kutcher - K3GWK <backacre348@...> wrote:

[...]

Nancy Phillips - K4NEP

George T Bagby State Park has some good spots for POA work.