Topics

Sending email to Winlink

Dan Darsey - W4DED

This was sent to the MAT.  It works, I tried it.

I got this from Bill, K9HRO and wanted to pass it along. Many thanks Bill for this tip. Everyone may want to test from home so as to be prepared in the event of a specific need.

I have been experimenting with receiving messages from Gmail accounts to WinLink. I received a < Message Not Delivered >  error code each time.

WinLink had the answer.....
The outside email address has to be on the "whitelist" in WinLink.
The easiest way to make that happen is to send a WinLink message to the Gail account first. After that, WinLink will accept email from that account going forward.

One more thing to make it more useful without an internet connection.

Regards,
Bill