Topics

Hurray - It's the end of the month

Buzz Kutcher - K3GWK

BC ARES Team,

How is everyone doing?  At times like this I am reminded of swimming sessions at our local boy scout camp.  Everyone was assigned a buddy and periodically the life guards would call for a buddy check.  The swimmers would find their swimming buddy and they would hold up their hands for a count.  With the situation we currently find ourselves in, a “buddy check” is really a good idea.  Check on your neighbors, your relatives and your friends.  So many of our social opportunities have been eliminated so the normal day-to-day contact is on hold.  Reach out to your buddies.  If you are looking for social contact while “social distancing”; join a new net.  There are plenty on VHF FM and HF.  Our FM Voice and Digital Net still meets every Tuesday evening at 19:30.

It’s the end of the month and time for the monthly EC Report to GA ARES.  If you have been keeping up with ARES Connect, you deserve a candy bar.  If you have been a little lax, it’s time to check-in and bring your event hours up to date.  And don’t forget to register for our April events.  ARES Connect link:  https://arrl.volunteerhub.com/

The list of the Butts County ARES Events for March:

Event Participation by Event

3/1/2020 - 3/31/2020

Georgia > Butts - 035GA

Date

Event

Expected

Hours

3/2/2020 4:00pm

Georgia > Butts - 035GA > Exercise > Butts Cnty SES Comm Check

4

11.50

3/2/2020 7:00pm

Georgia > Butts - 035GA > Meeting > Butts County Monthly Training

13

30.75

3/3/2020 7:30pm

Georgia > Butts - 035GA > Net > Butts Co. ARES Net

9

6.50

3/5/2020 9:00am

Georgia > Butts - 035GA > Butts Co. Public Health Exercise

1

0.00

3/7/2020 9:00am

Georgia > Butts - 035GA > Exercise > Severe WX FSX ARES Planning Review

9

25.00

3/10/2020 7:30pm

Georgia > Butts - 035GA > Net > Butts Co. ARES Net

9

8.00

3/11/2020 2:30pm

Georgia > Butts - 035GA > Meeting > BCSS Safety Team Meeting

2

6.00

3/13/2020 7:30am

Georgia > Butts - 035GA > Exercise > Butts County School System Tornado FSX - CANCELLED

10

11.00

3/17/2020 7:30pm

Georgia > Butts - 035GA > Net > Butts Co. ARES Net

7

4.60

3/24/2020 7:30pm

Georgia > Butts - 035GA > Net > Butts Co. ARES Net

13

6.00

3/31/2020 7:30pm

Georgia > Butts - 035GA > Net > Butts Co. ARES Net

There are several Health & Welfare Nets operating in Georgia.  The HF Net meets on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturdays at 19:00 on 3.971 MHZ.  The DStar Net meets on Monday, Wednesday and Friday on Reflector 030B. also at 19:00.  If you have DStar capabilities, monitor REF030B – the WX4BCA/UHF repeater is linked to that reflector as are many other area DStar repeaters.

Thanks and 73,

Buzz Kutcher, K3GWK

AEC Reporting

Sent from Mail for Windows 10