Topics

Georgia Field Day Poll

Buzz Kutcher - K3GWK

From: ARRL Members Only Web site
 <memberlist@...>

Date: May 4, 2020 at 12:24:22 EDT
Subject: Georgia Field Day Poll

So, What is Your Club or Group Doing for Field Day??

I have participated in a few discussions with a couple of the clubs I am
a member of and I have heard or heard about discussions in other groups
pondering what to do for Field Day.  So, I am conducting a poll to see
what Amateur Radio groups across Georgia plan to do for Field Day.

Please look over the options and send an E-mail to the Georgia Section
Manager ag4zr@... with your club or groups' option that you either
plan to do or what is being considered.  A brief response is all that is
necessary but you can elaborate if you want.  I will share these
if you want your response to be anonymous.  Otherwise I will mention
what your group plans to do.

Here are some of the ways I have heard about as intended, under
consideration, or potential Field Day activities:

- Hold a traditional Field Day (open, no covid-19 health measures)
- Hold a traditional Field Day with one or more of the
 following constraints:
 - social distancing, limited numbers at a time, masks,
 - time-limited or sign-up scheduled only participation
 - covid-19 health measures are optional
- NOT holding Field Day this year
- Using one or more but SEPARATELY LOCATED remote radio systems
 accessible over the Internet scheduling or taking turns
- Using two or more remotely located radio systems in the SAME LOCATION
 but accessible over the Internet scheduling or taking turns
- Everyone for themselves - Field Day by one's self at home
- Another approach not mentioned above - please elaborate!

Thanks, many look forward to your response.

-David

ARRL Georgia Section
Section Manager: David B Benoist, AG4ZR
ag4zr@...

All, I'll do WHATEVER the majority of the club wants to do and HOWEVER they wanna do it. Reckon this year it'll probly be tough gettin' folks to participate, so count me as 'I'm IN' and will support however the rest of the club decides they wanna do it.

HOWSUMEVER, I (and my geezer computater) DON'T speak 'REMOTE radio systems', so I'll need some 'adult supervision' to participate that way, kinda wonder how many things my geek machine can do at one time, too, so.... Also will need to leave the Field Day site by 3:45 on Sunday's teardown if we decide to do it like we always have, I gotta NCS a digi-net that afternoon. Have a GREAT week, Ken