Topics

Fw: [! 12 PM Sunday UPDATE !] Severe Weather Potential for north & central Georgia

Elaine Stachowiak - KW4AQ

From: David Nadler - NOAA Federal <david.nadler@...>
Sent: Sunday, April 12, 2020 12:18 PM
Subject: [! 12 PM Sunday UPDATE !] Severe Weather Potential for north & central Georgia

Partners,

Widespread severe weather is still expected later today through tonight across all of north and central Georgia.

Overview: Several rounds of strong to severe storms expected through tonight, along with breezy conditions outside of thunderstorms and the potential for flash flooding (mainly far north Georgia).

See our latest video briefing below for more details.

Changes from previous forecast:  SPC's Moderate Risk has been expanded east to include the western portion of Georgia (up to the I-75 corridor).

Storm Threats:
  • Tornadoes, a few strong (EF2+) long-track possible
  • Damaging winds w/ localized gusts > 70 MPH possible
  • Large hail (quarter to golf-ball sized)
  • Very heavy rain (training of storms could lead to localized flash flooding)
Briefing: For more details, reference NWS Atlanta's latest recorded briefing update conducted today (Sunday) around 11:30 AM.

If you have any immediate questions, please contact our operations center or talk with us via NWSChat.  We will update everyone as needed through the afternoon and into the evening hours.

Have a great afternoon and be safe out there.

-Dave

--
David J. Nadler
Warning Coordination Meteorologist

Ken Wallis - KM4HOS

Startin' to look UGLY!! Thx for the heads-up, Ken

[...]

Mark Baker - KM4NRP

👌🏻