Topics

Butts Co DPH PODx on 5 March

Ken Wallis - KM4HOS

All, we finalized the plan for the Butts Co PODx on 5 March at yesterday's mtg. The DPH Staff will be at the WIC side (ballfield side) of the BCHD office at 0830 for POD set-up, they'll do some final training/briefing at 0900, and the 'doors will open' for the PODx at 1000 and continue till 1200. I'll do my thing w/ the Thurs AM Ga DPH Net at 0830 then join 'the fray' outside afterwards, I think...

Mark, NI2Y, will be double-booked and workin' as Butts Co MRC (Medical Reserve Corps) cuz he's a ret'd Doctor, so I'm not too sure how much time he'll have to be a radio operator. Krystle was pretty excited about havin' him there so she may use him up as 'MRC staff' outside. Any BCHD RT operators who wanna come down and observe this Ex and maybe do some radio testing w/ the District 4 HQ in LaGrange are invited to participate.

True to form, I misunderstood what was gonna happen on 24 March. According to the Ga DPH EP reps at the mtg yesterday, the Mar 24 'drill' is gonna be a state-wide 'call up' (exactly what Krystle told me) to make sure Ga DPH can use their new 'system' to 'alert' all their 'players' for an event. Silly me, I just ASSUMED it was a 'call up' for an exercise that would follow afterwards, MY BAD, nothing more than a 'call up' TEST.

David B. & Buzz, not sure what this does to the msg traffic tests we had planned w/ Robbie, down in LaGrange on the 24th, maybe we can do 'em on the 5th? Maybe use a D-Star reflector instead of the 'radio only' WL mode since the repeaters between us are marginal? Maybe light-off the SGH station an use HF? I'm kinda outta da loop on where you and Robbie are on this lately, so pls lemme know what we wanna do 'test-wise' on the 5th, other than the regular Ga DPH Net. Thx, Ken

Mike Crowe - AJ4GU

I am off the 5th. Put me where you need me.
73
Mike
AJ4GU

On Feb 25, 2020, at 8:37, "Ken Wallis - KM4HOS" <kawallis@...> wrote:

[...]

Buzz Kutcher - K3GWK

Ken & Mark,

Would you like to have the 911 station available?

73,

Buzz

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

[...]

Dan Darsey - W4DED

Ken,

I am available!  Do you want the hospital manned? Otherwise, tell me where to go.

73,
Dan