Fw: 6th Annual Alumni 5K #fightagainstcovid19

Buzz Kutcher - K3GWK

BCECA Team...

All hands on deck!

The Jackson 5K is on and scheduled for 24OCT2020.  As in the past, our radio club has been asked to provide "on course" communications for the event.  This event is an important fundraiser for the Jackson High School football team.  Good portable operations practice, too.  The race starts early (07:00) and, for us, lasts about three hours.  All you need is a ham license, an HT and a desire to help.  If you don't have an HT, I'm sure we can dig one up for you to use.  

Please let me know if you can participate.  Thanks.

Buzz Kutcher, K3GWK

----- Forwarded Message -----
Sent: Friday, September 11, 2020, 09:31:35 AM EDT
Subject: 6th Annual Alumni 5K #FightAgainstCOVID19

Hello,

After some months of planning and debating, the decision has been made for us to move forward with a race this year.  The date will be October 24, 2020 at 8am.  So mark your calendars.  You can consider this race more than a fundraiser for this year's football team.  This feels more like a race for the fight against COVID-19.  Some of you that are in this email have served on various boards or have worked with us in the past and some of you have never worked with us.  I just want to make more people aware of what we are doing here in Jackson and maybe more people want to get involved.  If you have any one that may want to participate, feel free to give them my information at 

Montez Morgan, Race Coordinator
(770)377-4515

I have attached to this email updated versions of the sponsorship packages and the flyer. Let's get the word out.  We are really focused on everyone's safety this race and want everyone to have an enjoyable experience.  If you have any ideas or questions please contact me as soon as possible and let's discuss because we are working with a very short window this year.  Be looking out for more updates soon.  Have a great weekend.  Let's Go BIG RED!! #RD4L

Sincerely,

JHS C/O 95 (4-year letterman Football, Baseball, Basketball)

Chris Southerland - KJ4PLJ

I'm a go!!!

Chris Southerland
KJ4PLJ

On Sat, Sep 12, 2020, 09:04 Buzz Kutcher - K3GWK <backacre348@...> wrote:
BCECA Team...

All hands on deck!

The Jackson 5K is on and scheduled for 24OCT2020.  As in the past, our radio club has been asked to provide "on course" communications for the event.  This event is an important fundraiser for the Jackson High School football team.  Good portable operations practice, too.  The race starts early (07:00) and, for us, lasts about three hours.  All you need is a ham license, an HT and a desire to help.  If you don't have an HT, I'm sure we can dig one up for you to use.  

Buzz Kutcher, K3GWK

Hello,

After some months of planning and debating, the decision has been made for us to move forward with a race this year.  The date will be October 24, 2020 at 8am.  So mark your calendars.  You can consider this race more than a fundraiser for this year's football team.  This feels more like a race for the fight against COVID-19.  Some of you that are in this email have served on various boards or have worked with us in the past and some of you have never worked with us.  I just want to make more people aware of what we are doing here in Jackson and maybe more people want to get involved.  If you have any one that may want to participate, feel free to give them my information at 

(770)377-4515

I have attached to this email updated versions of the sponsorship packages and the flyer. Let's get the word out.  We are really focused on everyone's safety this race and want everyone to have an enjoyable experience.  If you have any ideas or questions please contact me as soon as possible and let's discuss because we are working with a very short window this year.  Be looking out for more updates soon.  Have a great weekend.  Let's Go BIG RED!! #RD4L

Sincerely,

Buzz Kutcher - K3GWK

Thanks Chris.  Same time, same bat channel.  

Buzz Kutcher, K3GWK

On Saturday, September 12, 2020, 09:19:07 AM EDT, Chris Southerland - KJ4PLJ <csoutherland77@...> wrote:

I'm a go!!!

Chris Southerland
KJ4PLJ

On Sat, Sep 12, 2020, 09:04 Buzz Kutcher - K3GWK <backacre348@...> wrote:
BCECA Team...

All hands on deck!

Buzz Kutcher, K3GWK

Hello,

(770)377-4515

Sincerely,

Mike Crowe - AJ4GU

Buzz,

I will be there. I have spare HTs if needed.

Mike Crowe

AJ4GU

From: BC-ARES@groups.io <BC-ARES@groups.io> On Behalf Of Buzz Kutcher - K3GWK
Sent: Saturday, September 12, 2020 9:04 AM
To: Group Io <bc-ares@groups.io>
Cc: David Burnham AK4EM <burnham1078@...>; Dan Darsey W4DED <dandarsey@...>; Mike Crowe AJ4GU <aj4gu@...>; Ken Wallis KM4HOS <kawallis@...>; Buzz Kutcher K3GWK <k3gwk@...>
Subject: [BC-ARES] Fw: 6th Annual Alumni 5K #FightAgainstCOVID19

BCECA Team...

All hands on deck!

Buzz Kutcher, K3GWK

Hello,

(770)377-4515

Sincerely,

Ken Wallis - KM4HOS

Count me in!! Will bring spare generator, have mobile VHF/UHF & HT so if sumbuddy needs an HT they can use mine. Later, Ken

-----------------------------------------

To: BC-ARES@groups.io
Cc: "David Burnham AK4EM", "Dan Darsey W4DED", "Mike Crowe AJ4GU", "Ken Wallis KM4HOS", "Buzz Kutcher K3GWK"
Sent: Saturday September 12 2020 9:55:00AM
Subject: RE: [BC-ARES] Fw: 6th Annual Alumni 5K #FightAgainstCOVID19

Buzz,

Mike Crowe

AJ4GU

Cc: David Burnham AK4EM <burnham1078@...>; Dan Darsey W4DED <dandarsey@...>; Mike Crowe AJ4GU <aj4gu@...>; Ken Wallis KM4HOS <kawallis@...>; Buzz Kutcher K3GWK <k3gwk@...>

BCECA Team...

All hands on deck!

Buzz Kutcher, K3GWK

Hello,

(770)377-4515

Sincerely,

Buzz Kutcher - K3GWK

Thanks Mike and Ken.  The offer of spare HTs and a generator is appreciated.  

Buzz Kutcher, K3GWK

On Saturday, September 12, 2020, 09:56:56 AM EDT, Mike Crowe - AJ4GU <aj4gu@...> wrote:

Buzz,

Mike Crowe

AJ4GU

BCECA Team...

All hands on deck!

Buzz Kutcher, K3GWK

Hello,

(770)377-4515

Sincerely,

Dan Darsey - W4DED

I will be there!

Dan

On Saturday, September 12, 2020, 01:18:32 PM EDT, George Kutcher <backacre348@...> wrote:

Thanks Mike and Ken.  The offer of spare HTs and a generator is appreciated.  

Buzz Kutcher, K3GWK

On Saturday, September 12, 2020, 09:56:56 AM EDT, Mike Crowe - AJ4GU <aj4gu@...> wrote:

Buzz,

Mike Crowe

AJ4GU

BCECA Team...

All hands on deck!

Buzz Kutcher, K3GWK

Hello,

(770)377-4515

Sincerely,

Darlene Ragon - KK4BKF

I have a HT and my mobile 2m that I usually use with my car. I can assist if needed. :)
Darlene

Buzz Kutcher - K3GWK

Thanks Darlene!

Buzz Kutcher, K3GWK

On Sunday, September 13, 2020, 04:43:57 PM EDT, KK4BKF via groups.io <lragon@...> wrote:

I have a HT and my mobile 2m that I usually use with my car. I can assist if needed. :)
Darlene