Topics

VE Newsletter

Mark Clark - NI2Y

ARRL VE Newsletter - April 2020

To All ARRL Members and ARRL VEC accredited Volunteer Examiners:

We know many examiners have canceled Amateur Radio License exam sessions to meet the requirements and recommendations of national and local government and health officials. The health and safety of examinees and our Volunteer Examiners is first and foremost in any decision-making process. ARRL VEC does not offer video supervised online Amateur Radio licensing exams at the present time. However, we know some VE Teams are exploring alternative formats on a local basis. Please continue to use ARRL’s License Exam Search to find scheduled exam sessions in your area and verify with the local exam team that the session is still being held. Please visit www.arrl.org/exam

ARRL VEC is continuing to process license examination materials received from Volunteer Examiners who have completed exam sessions although under the circumstances there are some delays. For qualified examinees, ARRL VEC forwards electronically all required data to the FCC.

We understand there are examination candidates who continue their studies toward new Amateur Radio Licenses and license upgrades. We also know some will be frustrated that, at this time, ARRL VEC does not offer online licensing exams. Amateur radio is not alone in this challenge, though.

While each of us continues to respond to the immediate evolving crisis, we also know that we must keep an eye to our future. Throughout its decades of service, the VEC system has served the FCC as a shining example of the successes of a privatized system. The ARRL VEC and our Volunteer Examiners are recognized throughout the Amateur Radio Service for our integrity and efficiency. Adapting our all-volunteer license examination administration will be a challenge, but one we are committed to undertake in order to advance the program and improve service.

While we face unprecedented challenges, opportunities also await. We are grateful to support radio amateurs in our common pursuit of skill, service, and discovery. ARRL and ARRL VEC remain steadfast in serving you. We will provide updates as they become available.

The ARRL VEC Staff is Ready to Serve You

As always, the dedicated VEC staff are here to answer any questions you may have.

ARRL VE toll free number:  1-800-9ARRLVE (1-800-927-7583)
Address:  ARRL VEC,  225 Main St,  Newington CT 06111
Email:
VEC@...
Web:
www.arrl.org/volunteer-examiners
ARRL VEC Fax:  860-594-0339

Maria Somma, AB1FM, Manager
Amanda Grimaldi, N1NHL, Assistant Manager
Stephanie Borden W2MAU, Service Representative
Ann Brinius, Service Representative
Lisa Riendeau, Service Representative
Joshua Nance, Service Representative

We thank you for your efforts and interest in the ARRL VEC program.

ARRL VEC VE Newsletter is published by the
American Radio Relay League, Inc. - the national association for Amateur Radio®.

Material from the ARRL VE E-Newsletter may be republished or reproduced
in whole or in part in any form without additional permission. Credit must be given to
The American Radio Relay League VEC.

ARRL VEC
225 Main Street
Newington CT 06111 USA

Sincerely,
Maria Somma, AB1FM - VEC Manager / Editor
ARRL, the national association for Amateur Radio ®
225 Main Street
Newington, CT 06111 USA
msomma@...