Topics

ARES Connect

David Burnham - AK4EM

Be sure you have registered with ARES Connect. It is every operator's responsibility to enter their time for any event. The current calendar has our monthly meetings scheduled. You will have to enter your time if you attend the meeting. There is also a Butts Skywarn event for Saturday's storms. Even though we did not officially activate, if you spent time monitoring the radio, you need to enter your time. We all need to try and use this new system. The hours we put in are used for EOC's to obtain funds (which has happened and some counties get their equipment purchased by the EOC), and this also proves that amateur radio operators are using their skills. This becomes important to many officials who think that we do not do anything. The ARRL also uses these numbers when it comes time to challenge in frequency issues that arise in congress and other departments. It was said best in the class. You enter you time when you work at your job. This is no different, if you want your time counted, you will need to enter your hours that you work for amateur radio. We may have a class on ARES Connect in the future, but if you have questions I will try to answer them.

Dan Darsey - W4DED

David,

My calendar shows the Skywarn but not the ARES Meeting.  What am I doing wrong?

Dan

On Saturday, January 11, 2020, 06:47:14 PM EST, AK4EM <burnham1078@...> wrote:

[...]

The ares meeting is listed as state ares and not under butts. Go to calendar and look at todays date and you should see it

On Sat, Jan 11, 2020, 7:14 PM W4DED via Groups.Io <dandarsey=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Buzz Kutcher - K3GWK

Thanks, David. Now if only I could remember my password.
73,
Buzz, K3GWK

Mike Crowe - AJ4GU

It is closed

[...]