Butts County Amateur Radio Emergency Service BC-ARES@groups.ioWelcome to the Amateur Radio Club of Butts County (Formerly BCECA) group. Originally formed as the Butts County Emergency Communications Auxiliary in 2009, we are an ARRL Affiliated Club. Butts County's ARES team is associated with this club and the club is affiliated with Butts County CERT, Butts County Public Health and Wellstar Sylvan Grove Hospital.
This Groups.io forum has been created as a place for Butts County Area Amateur Radio Operators to gather and share ideas. Notifications, event announcement and our club communications occur. Therefore this site is a private vehicle for these activities..
Individuals interested in any aspect of Amateur Radio are invited to participate locally in our club.
The Amateur Radio Emergency Service (ARES) consists of licensed amateur radio operators nationwide who have voluntarily registered their qualifications and equipment for communications duty in the public service when disaster strikes.
The only requirements for membership in this group are:
* An FCC Technician class amateur license or higher
* An interest in Amateur Radio
* A willingness to serve the agencies supported in a selfless and professional manner
The possession of emergency-powered, portable and/or mobile VHF and HF communications equipment is desirable, but is not a requirement for membership.
Membership in the Amateur Radio Relay League (ARRL) is encouraged but not a requirement for membership in ARES at the local level.
The Butts County FM Training Net (Voice and NBEMS) meets every Tuesday evening at 19:30 Local on the WX4BCA repeater located in Jackson, GA.
The WX4BCA Repeaters: VHF 147.285+ (CTCSS Tone 131.8) and UHF 443.325+ (CTCSS Tone 131.8) The club's repeaters operate from the Sylvan Grove Hospital in Jackson, GA. The UHF repeater has D-Star capabilities. Both repeaters are coordinated by SERA.
More information is available on Facebook: Amateur Radio Club of Butts County and our website: http://www.bcgaares.org.
Provide your name and Amateur Radio call sign when registering.
Group Email Addresses
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archive is visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to members only.
- Members can edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.