Topics

You're invited to Rando de Taco 2019 (September 8th)

Lena Chon

Hi Everyone,

If you like Mexican food and unpaved fun... this is for you! Form your team of 4 and get a little wild!

Just wanted to share since not everyone is on FB.

Lena

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/rando-de-taco-2019-tickets-64944196841?utm-medium=discovery&utm-campaign=social&utm-content=attendeeshare&utm-source=strongmail&utm-term=listing

Greg Crowther

Same day as the Harmon Hundred. I’m in on one of them.

On Aug 27, 2019, at 8:15 PM, Lena Chon via Groups.Io <lmnchon=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi Everyone,

If you like Mexican food and unpaved fun... this is for you! Form your team of 4 and get a little wild!

Just wanted to share since not everyone is on FB.

Lena

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/rando-de-taco-2019-tickets-64944196841?utm-medium=discovery&utm-campaign=social&utm-content=attendeeshare&utm-source=strongmail&utm-term=listing

Carol Curtis

Are you doing this Lena? Did it last year. Fun but wooly!

On Aug 27, 2019, at 8:23 PM, Greg Crowther <greg@...> wrote:

Same day as the Harmon Hundred. I’m in on one of them.
On Aug 27, 2019, at 8:15 PM, Lena Chon via Groups.Io <lmnchon=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi Everyone,

If you like Mexican food and unpaved fun... this is for you! Form your team of 4 and get a little wild!

Just wanted to share since not everyone is on FB.

Lena

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/rando-de-taco-2019-tickets-64944196841?utm-medium=discovery&utm-campaign=social&utm-content=attendeeshare&utm-source=strongmail&utm-term=listing

Jin Chon

I am interested in doing this gravel ride if we can get a team of four from BBC..

Thanks,
Jin Chon

On Aug 27, 2019, at 8:53 PM, Carol Curtis via Groups.Io <SpinAholic=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Are you doing this Lena? Did it last year. Fun but wooly!
On Aug 27, 2019, at 8:23 PM, Greg Crowther <greg@...> wrote:

Same day as the Harmon Hundred. I’m in on one of them.
On Aug 27, 2019, at 8:15 PM, Lena Chon via Groups.Io <lmnchon=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi Everyone,

If you like Mexican food and unpaved fun... this is for you! Form your team of 4 and get a little wild!

Just wanted to share since not everyone is on FB.

Lena

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/rando-de-taco-2019-tickets-64944196841?utm-medium=discovery&utm-campaign=social&utm-content=attendeeshare&utm-source=strongmail&utm-term=listing

Cindy Kessler

I'm out that weekend,  I'm traveling but it sounds fun.   Have a great ride!

Cindy

I am interested in doing this gravel ride if we can get a team of four from BBC..

Thanks,
Jin Chon
> On Aug 27, 2019, at 8:53 PM, Carol Curtis via Groups.Io <SpinAholic@...> wrote:
>
> Are you doing this Lena?  Did it last year. Fun but wooly!
>> On Aug 27, 2019, at 8:23 PM, Greg Crowther <greg@...> wrote:
>>
>> Same day as the Harmon Hundred. I’m in on one of them.
>>> On Aug 27, 2019, at 8:15 PM, Lena Chon via Groups.Io <lmnchon@...> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Everyone,
>>>
>>> If you like Mexican food and unpaved fun... this is for you! Form your team of 4 and get a little wild!
>>>
>>> Just wanted to share since not everyone is on FB.
>>>
>>> Lena
>>>
>>> https://www.eventbrite.com/e/rando-de-taco-2019-tickets-64944196841?utm-medium=discovery&utm-campaign=social&utm-content=attendeeshare&utm-source=strongmail&utm-term=listing

Rich Marisie

Ditto Greg’s post, I’ll do either ride.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Tuesday, August 27, 2019, 8:15 PM, Lena Chon via Groups.Io <lmnchon@...> wrote:

Hi Everyone,

If you like Mexican food and unpaved fun... this is for you! Form your team of 4 and get a little wild!

Just wanted to share since not everyone is on FB.

Lena

Jin Chon

Greg, Brad and Rich, if you are in, we have a foursome. The spots are limited (there is 18 teams of 4 left) so please confirm by end of day today so I can register our team.

Thank you, Jin

On Aug 27, 2019, at 11:49 PM, Rich Marisie via Groups.Io <rmarisie@...> wrote:

Ditto Greg’s post, I’ll do either ride.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Tuesday, August 27, 2019, 8:15 PM, Lena Chon via Groups.Io <lmnchon@...> wrote:

Hi Everyone,

If you like Mexican food and unpaved fun... this is for you! Form your team of 4 and get a little wild!

Just wanted to share since not everyone is on FB.

Lena

tinasmith7934

I did this ride last year. Fun event. I'm not able to participate this year.  Have fun BBC'ers!
Tina

On Tue, Aug 27, 2019 at 8:15 PM, Lena Chon via Groups.Io
<lmnchon@...> wrote:
Hi Everyone,

If you like Mexican food and unpaved fun... this is for you! Form your team of 4 and get a little wild!

Just wanted to share since not everyone is on FB.

Lena

Sheri Rosenbaum

Did it last year. Good fun and costumes encouraged. I have a team already and working on costume. Aribaaaaa bing bing bing

Warning, refrain from eating onions on your tacos. Biking, heat and onions don’t play nice together.

🌮🌮🌮🌮🌮🌮🌮🌮🌮

Excuse any typos from iPhone

I am interested in doing this gravel ride if we can get a team of four from BBC..

Thanks,
Jin Chon
> On Aug 27, 2019, at 8:53 PM, Carol Curtis via Groups.Io <SpinAholic@...> wrote:
>
> Are you doing this Lena?  Did it last year. Fun but wooly!
>> On Aug 27, 2019, at 8:23 PM, Greg Crowther <greg@...> wrote:
>>
>> Same day as the Harmon Hundred. I’m in on one of them.
>>> On Aug 27, 2019, at 8:15 PM, Lena Chon via Groups.Io <lmnchon@...> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Everyone,
>>>
>>> If you like Mexican food and unpaved fun... this is for you! Form your team of 4 and get a little wild!
>>>
>>> Just wanted to share since not everyone is on FB.
>>>
>>> Lena
>>>
>>> https://www.eventbrite.com/e/rando-de-taco-2019-tickets-64944196841?utm-medium=discovery&utm-campaign=social&utm-content=attendeeshare&utm-source=strongmail&utm-term=listing

Anna Swiet

Did it last year, got lost at least twice. I'll do it again if someone else leads. Directions were not the best but fun event

On Tue, Aug 27, 2019 at 9:46 PM, Jin Chon via Groups.Io
<jcchon@...> wrote:
I am interested in doing this gravel ride if we can get a team of four from BBC..

Thanks,
Jin Chon
> On Aug 27, 2019, at 8:53 PM, Carol Curtis via Groups.Io <SpinAholic=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
>
> Are you doing this Lena?  Did it last year. Fun but wooly!
>> On Aug 27, 2019, at 8:23 PM, Greg Crowther <greg@...> wrote:
>>
>> Same day as the Harmon Hundred. I’m in on one of them.
>>> On Aug 27, 2019, at 8:15 PM, Lena Chon via Groups.Io <lmnchon=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Everyone,
>>>
>>> If you like Mexican food and unpaved fun... this is for you! Form your team of 4 and get a little wild!
>>>
>>> Just wanted to share since not everyone is on FB.
>>>
>>> Lena
>>>
>>> https://www.eventbrite.com/e/rando-de-taco-2019-tickets-64944196841?utm-medium=discovery&utm-campaign=social&utm-content=attendeeshare&utm-source=strongmail&utm-term=listing

Jin Chon

Great Anna (I will led the way) and Brad, we have a quorum for BBC team #2 but we have room for 1 more person. First come first served!! Greg C or Rich since you shared interest in the previous emails. The cost for a team of 4 is $120 or $30 per person. I will register and pay for our team when we have the final 4 and collect later.

If we have more interest we can form BBC team #3...

Thank you, Jin

<jcchon@...> wrote:
I am interested in doing this gravel ride if we can get a team of four from BBC..

Thanks,
Jin Chon
> On Aug 27, 2019, at 8:53 PM, Carol Curtis via Groups.Io <SpinAholic=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
>
> Are you doing this Lena?  Did it last year. Fun but wooly!
>> On Aug 27, 2019, at 8:23 PM, Greg Crowther <greg@...> wrote:
>>
>> Same day as the Harmon Hundred. I’m in on one of them.
>>> On Aug 27, 2019, at 8:15 PM, Lena Chon via Groups.Io <lmnchon=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Everyone,
>>>
>>> If you like Mexican food and unpaved fun... this is for you! Form your team of 4 and get a little wild!
>>>
>>> Just wanted to share since not everyone is on FB.
>>>
>>> Lena
>>>
>>> https://www.eventbrite.com/e/rando-de-taco-2019-tickets-64944196841?utm-medium=discovery&utm-campaign=social&utm-content=attendeeshare&utm-source=strongmail&utm-term=listing

Lena Chon

Hi All,
Looks like we have enough interests to plan for it.  Bike shop  is closed today. But I emailed them regarding a downloadable map or at least a better map.

Were you guys going so fast you missed the turn?😉

Sheri..costumes? Really? This sounds serious!

Those who went last year... was the food good? You know that’s all I care about:)

Lena

<jcchon@...> wrote:
I am interested in doing this gravel ride if we can get a team of four from BBC..

Thanks,
Jin Chon
> On Aug 27, 2019, at 8:53 PM, Carol Curtis via Groups.Io <SpinAholic=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
>
> Are you doing this Lena?  Did it last year. Fun but wooly!
>> On Aug 27, 2019, at 8:23 PM, Greg Crowther <greg@...> wrote:
>>
>> Same day as the Harmon Hundred. I’m in on one of them.
>>> On Aug 27, 2019, at 8:15 PM, Lena Chon via Groups.Io <lmnchon=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Everyone,
>>>
>>> If you like Mexican food and unpaved fun... this is for you! Form your team of 4 and get a little wild!
>>>
>>> Just wanted to share since not everyone is on FB.
>>>
>>> Lena
>>>
>>> https://www.eventbrite.com/e/rando-de-taco-2019-tickets-64944196841?utm-medium=discovery&utm-campaign=social&utm-content=attendeeshare&utm-source=strongmail&utm-term=listing

Ruben Medina

Inline image

<jcchon@...> wrote:
I am interested in doing this gravel ride if we can get a team of four from BBC..

Thanks,
Jin Chon
> On Aug 27, 2019, at 8:53 PM, Carol Curtis via Groups.Io <SpinAholic=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
>
> Are you doing this Lena?  Did it last year. Fun but wooly!
>> On Aug 27, 2019, at 8:23 PM, Greg Crowther <greg@...> wrote:
>>
>> Same day as the Harmon Hundred. I’m in on one of them.
>>> On Aug 27, 2019, at 8:15 PM, Lena Chon via Groups.Io <lmnchon=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Everyone,
>>>
>>> If you like Mexican food and unpaved fun... this is for you! Form your team of 4 and get a little wild!
>>>
>>> Just wanted to share since not everyone is on FB.
>>>
>>> Lena
>>>
>>> https://www.eventbrite.com/e/rando-de-taco-2019-tickets-64944196841?utm-medium=discovery&utm-campaign=social&utm-content=attendeeshare&utm-source=strongmail&utm-term=listing

Tom Craig

I'd be interested if there is room in a group.

--
Tom Craig
www.tcraigphoto.com

Jin Chon

Tom, great. We now have a foursome so the BBC team #2 is Brad, Anna, Tom, and I.   For the $30 registration fee includes the ride, 1 taco at each of the 4 taco restaurants stops and an event tee shirts. Please email me your T-shirt size ASAP so I can register and pay for the event (I will collect $30 later)

If there are additional people are interested, they can form BBC team #3..

Thanks,
Jin Chon

On Aug 29, 2019, at 7:46 AM, Tom Craig <photom63@...> wrote:

I'd be interested if there is room in a group.

--
Tom Craig
www.tcraigphoto.com
224-627-6330

Jin Chon

BBC, correction, Anna has defected to join BBC team #1 so we have 1 spot open for BBC team #2 joining Brad, Tom C. and I.  Let me know if anyone is interested.

Thanks,
Jin Chon

On Aug 29, 2019, at 11:07 AM, Jin Chon via Groups.Io <jcchon@...> wrote:

Tom, great. We now have a foursome so the BBC team #2 is Brad, Anna, Tom, and I.   For the $30 registration fee includes the ride, 1 taco at each of the 4 taco restaurants stops and an event tee shirts. Please email me your T-shirt size ASAP so I can register and pay for the event (I will collect $30 later)

If there are additional people are interested, they can form BBC team #3..

Thanks,
Jin Chon

On Aug 29, 2019, at 7:46 AM, Tom Craig <photom63@...> wrote:

I'd be interested if there is room in a group.

--
Tom Craig
www.tcraigphoto.com
224-627-6330

Lena Chon

Hi  All,

Pedal and Spoke got back to me. Extra info for you all.   There will be no paper Q sheet this year. Once registration closes, a Ride with my GPS route will be available, along with address to Taco restaurants.
The route should be very similar to last year.

The majority of route is bike path.  There is a stretch from Aurora to Wheaton that is crushed lime stone. This section is very compacted at this point. even if it's wet, should be okay. Just be careful around corners.
I was told a road bike should work.

This is basically a ride with your friends and getting tacos along the way.  So if you don't think you will or can eat tacos at all 4 stops, please plan accordingly.   And if you are still hungry after the ride, we can go out for more food.

We need a team captain for each team, because this  person will be the designated person to go in and get food so the restaurants are not over loaded with riders.

 Here are the teams so far.  WE NEED 2 MORE FRIENDS TO JOIN.  Our plan is to  register on Friday by noon. Your prompt response is appreciated.

 This is a rain or shine event.  Please pay your captain regardless if you ride or not after registration.

#1 (Captain Lena)
Carol, Lena, Patti, Anna

#2( Captain Jin)
Jin, Brad, Tom C,

#3( Captain Dejan)
Dejan, Stacey B., Mark,

Thanks everyone,
Lena

On Thursday, August 29, 2019, 11:24:48 AM CDT, Jin Chon via Groups.Io <jcchon@...> wrote:

[...]

Can’t wait!  Thanks to Jin and Lena for all your work!

Carol

#1 (Captain Lena)
Carol, Lena, Patti, Anna

#2( Captain Jin)
Jin, Brad, Tom C,

#3( Captain Dejan)
Dejan, Stacey B., Mark,

[...]

Oops... my bad! We have 4 Teams for Taco ride.

#1 Captain Lena
Carol, Lena, Patti, Anna

#2 Captain Jin
Jin, Brad, Tom C.

#3. Captain Dejan(Danny)
Dejan, Stacey B, Mark

#4 Captain Sheri
Sheri, Alex, Hollie, Heidi

#1 (Captain Lena)
Carol, Lena, Patti, Anna

#2( Captain Jin)
Jin, Brad, Tom C,

#3( Captain Dejan)
Dejan, Stacey B., Mark,

[...]

Guys, we have a foursome and I registered us this am. Look forward to a nice comfortable ride next Sunday burping up taco for 4-5 hours. Yah!! Sorry for sending it to all the BBC. I do not have Ram‘s email

#2 Captain Jin
Jin, Brad, Tom C., Ram

Thanks,
Jin Chon