Topics

Saturday 8:00AM BHS Huntley Woodstock 65

Ruben Medina

Join us on Saturday at Barrington High School at 8:00AM for a new ride called the BHS Huntley Woodstock 65 miler.

We'll start out heading for Huntley with a stop at Morkes for coffee, water, etc. at the 17 mile mark.

From there we will ride in a northerly direction on very lightly traveled country roads toward Woodstock; where we can stop at the town square for our second break. This should be 36 miles into the ride.

From Woodstock we will start the return to Barrington but first we must do the infamous "Bull Valley Wall" (42 mile mark) for the first and probably only time this season.

After that it will be smooth sailing back to the high school. Attached is a gpx file in case you would like to have the file.

See you all Saturday morning.

Ruben

Greg Crowther

Hi Ruben!

Do you have a RidewithGPS link for this ride to download to the Garmin?

Regards,

Great Haven, Inc.

Greg Crowther

847-401-3825

http://www.greathaven.com/

This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If the reader of this communication is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone (847.382.8360) and destroy this message.

From: <BBC-Bike@groups.io> on behalf of "Ruben Medina via Groups.Io" <ruben.medina27@...>
Date: Wednesday, August 21, 2019 at 5:14 PM
To: BBC Groups Io <BBC-Bike@groups.io>
Cc: "BBC-Bike@groups.io" <BBC-Bike@groups.io>
Subject: [BBC-Bike] Saturday 8:00AM BHS Huntley Woodstock 65

Join us on Saturday at Barrington High School at 8:00AM for a new ride called the BHS Huntley Woodstock 65 miler.

We'll start out heading for Huntley with a stop at Morkes for coffee, water, etc. at the 17 mile mark.

From there we will ride in a northerly direction on very lightly traveled country roads toward Woodstock; where we can stop at the town square for our second break. This should be 36 miles into the ride.

From Woodstock we will start the return to Barrington but first we must do the infamous "Bull Valley Wall" (42 mile mark) for the first and probably only time this season.

After that it will be smooth sailing back to the high school. Attached is a gpx file in case you would like to have the file.

See you all Saturday morning.

Ruben

Todd Hepler

Is anyone interested in a shorter, slower ride tomorrow?

Todd Hepler

On Aug 21, 2019, at 5:13 PM, Ruben Medina via Groups.Io <ruben.medina27@...> wrote:

Join us on Saturday at Barrington High School at 8:00AM for a new ride called the BHS Huntley Woodstock 65 miler.

We'll start out heading for Huntley with a stop at Morkes for coffee, water, etc. at the 17 mile mark.

From there we will ride in a northerly direction on very lightly traveled country roads toward Woodstock; where we can stop at the town square for our second break. This should be 36 miles into the ride.

From Woodstock we will start the return to Barrington but first we must do the infamous "Bull Valley Wall" (42 mile mark) for the first and probably only time this season.

After that it will be smooth sailing back to the high school. Attached is a gpx file in case you would like to have the file.

See you all Saturday morning.

Ruben

<BHS Huntley Woodstock 65.gpx>
<Screen Shot 2019-08-21 at 4.56.00 PM.png>

Stuff911

Also interested in a shorter ride on Saturday.  Schedule for the day won't allow 75 miles on the bike, I'm afraid.  I don't really know the roads out that way across the river.  Has anyone ridden out this way and know of a reasonable route about 1/2 as long?

If not, we can set out on a more standard route of roads that we all know ...

Joe Kane

On August 23, 2019 at 7:37 AM Todd Hepler <barringtonbikeclub@...> wrote:

Is anyone interested in a shorter, slower ride tomorrow?

Todd Hepler

On Aug 21, 2019, at 5:13 PM, Ruben Medina via Groups.Io < ruben.medina27@...> wrote:

Join us on Saturday at Barrington High School at 8:00AM for a new ride called the  BHS Huntley Woodstock 65 miler.

We'll start out heading for Huntley with a stop at Morkes for coffee, water, etc. at the 17 mile mark.

From there we will ride in a northerly direction on very lightly traveled country roads toward Woodstock; where we can stop at the town square for our second break. This should be 36 miles into the ride.

From Woodstock we will start the return to Barrington but first we must do the infamous "Bull Valley Wall" (42 mile mark) for the first and probably only time this season.

After that it will be smooth sailing back to the high school. Attached is a gpx file in case you would like to have the file.

See you all Saturday morning.

Ruben

<BHS Huntley Woodstock 65.gpx>
<Screen Shot 2019-08-21 at 4.56.00 PM.png>

Todd Hepler

Hi all:

I didn’t see the shorter ride responses until this morning, so I already planned to ride with a friend out of palatine.

Sorry!  Maybe next time!

Todd

On Aug 23, 2019, at 6:11 PM, Patricia Haney <pbhaney@...> wrote:

I am! How far? What time? Leave with them at 8, head to Morkes for coffee, then head back? Or... something different?
Patti

On Aug 23, 2019, at 7:37 AM, Todd Hepler <barringtonbikeclub@...> wrote:

Is anyone interested in a shorter, slower ride tomorrow?

Todd Hepler

On Aug 21, 2019, at 5:13 PM, Ruben Medina via Groups.Io <ruben.medina27@...> wrote:

Join us on Saturday at Barrington High School at 8:00AM for a new ride called the BHS Huntley Woodstock 65 miler.

We'll start out heading for Huntley with a stop at Morkes for coffee, water, etc. at the 17 mile mark.

From there we will ride in a northerly direction on very lightly traveled country roads toward Woodstock; where we can stop at the town square for our second break. This should be 36 miles into the ride.

From Woodstock we will start the return to Barrington but first we must do the infamous "Bull Valley Wall" (42 mile mark) for the first and probably only time this season.

After that it will be smooth sailing back to the high school. Attached is a gpx file in case you would like to have the file.

See you all Saturday morning.

Ruben

<BHS Huntley Woodstock 65.gpx>
<Screen Shot 2019-08-21 at 4.56.00 PM.png>

Lena Chon

Reuben,
Thank you for taking us on a fun adventure. Another great BBC ride!

Lena

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image4.jpeg

image5.jpeg

On Aug 24, 2019, at 6:39 AM, Todd Hepler <barringtonbikeclub@...> wrote:

[...]

From there we will ride in a northerly direction on very lightly traveled country roads toward Woodstock; where we can stop at the town square for our second break. This should be 36 miles into the ride.

From Woodstock we will start the return to Barrington but first we must do the infamous "Bull Valley Wall" (42 mile mark) for the first and probably only time this season.

After that it will be smooth sailing back to the high school. Attached is a gpx file in case you would like to have the file.

See you all Saturday morning.

Ruben

<BHS Huntley Woodstock 65.gpx>
<Screen Shot 2019-08-21 at 4.56.00 PM.png>

John Guido

Super day.  Great ride everyone.
 Thanks, Ruben.

On Aug 24, 2019, at 1:36 PM, Lena Chon via Groups.Io <lmnchon@...> wrote:

[...]

From there we will ride in a northerly direction on very lightly traveled country roads toward Woodstock; where we can stop at the town square for our second break. This should be 36 miles into the ride.

From Woodstock we will start the return to Barrington but first we must do the infamous "Bull Valley Wall" (42 mile mark) for the first and probably only time this season.

After that it will be smooth sailing back to the high school. Attached is a gpx file in case you would like to have the file.

See you all Saturday morning.

Ruben

<BHS Huntley Woodstock 65.gpx>
<Screen Shot 2019-08-21 at 4.56.00 PM.png>

tinasmith7934

Looking great BBC!  Sorry I missed the fun!  Looks like it was a great ride. Ride safe all.
Tina

On Sat, Aug 24, 2019 at 1:37 PM, Lena Chon via Groups.Io
<lmnchon@...> wrote:
[...]

From there we will ride in a northerly direction on very lightly traveled country roads toward Woodstock; where we can stop at the town square for our second break. This should be 36 miles into the ride.

From Woodstock we will start the return to Barrington but first we must do the infamous "Bull Valley Wall" (42 mile mark) for the first and probably only time this season.

After that it will be smooth sailing back to the high school. Attached is a gpx file in case you would like to have the file.

See you all Saturday morning.

Ruben

<BHS Huntley Woodstock 65.gpx>
<Screen Shot 2019-08-21 at 4.56.00 PM.png>

Cindy Kessler

Thanks Reuben for leading such a fun ride and Lena for the great photos!

So I was inspired by the quotes in the bathroom at the first coffee shop.

Part 1 of 3. :)

ABILITY..... What you are capable of doing.

Cindy