Re: You're invited to Rando de Taco 2019 (September 8th)

John Guido

Strong work BBC.
Looks delicious.

On Sep 8, 2019, at 8:20 PM, Lena Chon via Groups.Io <lmnchon@...> wrote:

Hi All,
Great riding and eating today.
Despite our wet start, the day turned out pretty awesome.
Beautiful route, cool weather, and great food!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

<image1.jpeg>

<image2.jpeg>

<image3.jpeg>
<image4.jpeg>

<image5.jpeg>

 from my iPhone

On Sep 6, 2019, at 5:39 PM, Lena Chon <lmnchon@...> wrote:

Hi Everyone,
Ready for our Taco Randonneur?
Pack your hot sauce bottle!
 Weather is perfect and we have 4 strong teams ready to go !
Looks like everyone is arriving between 9:00-9:30m

Please meet up with your team captain for T-shirt’s.

Butt on saddle 10:00 am sharp!
The ride will not wait for you... 😬

See you Sunday!

Lena

On Aug 29, 2019, at 3:22 PM, Lena Chon <lmnchon@...> wrote:

Hi  All,

Pedal and Spoke got back to me. Extra info for you all.   There will be no paper Q sheet this year. Once registration closes, a Ride with my GPS route will be available, along with address to Taco restaurants.
The route should be very similar to last year.

The majority of route is bike path.  There is a stretch from Aurora to Wheaton that is crushed lime stone. This section is very compacted at this point. even if it's wet, should be okay. Just be careful around corners.
I was told a road bike should work.

This is basically a ride with your friends and getting tacos along the way.  So if you don't think you will or can eat tacos at all 4 stops, please plan accordingly.   And if you are still hungry after the ride, we can go out for more food.

We need a team captain for each team, because this  person will be the designated person to go in and get food so the restaurants are not over loaded with riders.

 Here are the teams so far.  WE NEED 2 MORE FRIENDS TO JOIN.  Our plan is to  register on Friday by noon. Your prompt response is appreciated.

 This is a rain or shine event.  Please pay your captain regardless if you ride or not after registration.

#1 (Captain Lena)
Carol, Lena, Patti, Anna

#2( Captain Jin)
Jin, Brad, Tom C,

#3( Captain Dejan)
Dejan, Stacey B., Mark,

Thanks everyone,
Lena

On Thursday, August 29, 2019, 11:24:48 AM CDT, Jin Chon via Groups.Io <jcchon@...> wrote:

BBC, correction, Anna has defected to join BBC team #1 so we have 1 spot open for BBC team #2 joining Brad, Tom C. and I.  Let me know if anyone is interested.

Thanks,
Jin Chon

On Aug 29, 2019, at 11:07 AM, Jin Chon via Groups.Io <jcchon@...> wrote:

Tom, great. We now have a foursome so the BBC team #2 is Brad, Anna, Tom, and I.   For the $30 registration fee includes the ride, 1 taco at each of the 4 taco restaurants stops and an event tee shirts. Please email me your T-shirt size ASAP so I can register and pay for the event (I will collect $30 later)

If there are additional people are interested, they can form BBC team #3..

Thanks,
Jin Chon

On Aug 29, 2019, at 7:46 AM, Tom Craig <photom63@...> wrote:

I'd be interested if there is room in a group.

--
Tom Craig
www.tcraigphoto.com

Join BBC-Bike@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.