Re: Saturday 8:00AM BHS Huntley Woodstock 65

Stuff911

Also interested in a shorter ride on Saturday.  Schedule for the day won't allow 75 miles on the bike, I'm afraid.  I don't really know the roads out that way across the river.  Has anyone ridden out this way and know of a reasonable route about 1/2 as long?

If not, we can set out on a more standard route of roads that we all know ...

Joe Kane

On August 23, 2019 at 7:37 AM Todd Hepler <barringtonbikeclub@...> wrote:

Is anyone interested in a shorter, slower ride tomorrow?

Todd Hepler

On Aug 21, 2019, at 5:13 PM, Ruben Medina via Groups.Io < ruben.medina27@...> wrote:

Join us on Saturday at Barrington High School at 8:00AM for a new ride called the  BHS Huntley Woodstock 65 miler.

We'll start out heading for Huntley with a stop at Morkes for coffee, water, etc. at the 17 mile mark.

From there we will ride in a northerly direction on very lightly traveled country roads toward Woodstock; where we can stop at the town square for our second break. This should be 36 miles into the ride.

From Woodstock we will start the return to Barrington but first we must do the infamous "Bull Valley Wall" (42 mile mark) for the first and probably only time this season.

After that it will be smooth sailing back to the high school. Attached is a gpx file in case you would like to have the file.

See you all Saturday morning.

Ruben

<BHS Huntley Woodstock 65.gpx>
<Screen Shot 2019-08-21 at 4.56.00 PM.png>

Join BBC-Bike@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.